Thread: Windows report wrong free space on hard drive in windows 7

Windows report wrong free space on hard drive in windows 7

I have four partitions set up on my hard drive. First partition has my windows 7 installation plus a few other Microsoft products like the office suit as well as visual studio with such. Second partition is empty as well as I am not utilizing it. Third partition I have encrypted by means of the BitLock as well as utilize it for significant files. Forth partition I utilize for the whole thing else. The issue is that windows tell me that my forth partition is totally filled with simply 1.3 GB is left while visibly that does not make sense. I am missing 160GB which is a big number.

Re: Windows report wrong free space on hard drive in windows 7

It is the System Protection of windows 7. It was allow on that partition as well as set to Maximum space procedure which meant that the system could utilize as much space as it wanted to make backup edition of my files. While I checkered it, it said that the present usage was at 167 GB which give details all since that is precisely the amount of space which I was lost.

From my discussion initially there is completely NO point in moving the "Program Files" folder to an additional partition if you re-install the Operating System you WILL have to re-install the programs. Secondly while you looked at the files, did you allow hidden as well as system files too. May this information will help you to get solve your issue.please let me know if you got solution to your issue.

In any situation I do not believe it is probable to have 170 GB of hidden or system files. As well program files on that partition, not each program wants to be reinstalled though a lot of perform, a few do not. In spite of of that information it does not actually matter what I have in that partition the issue is that I am missing 170 Gb of space.even i want to know about the solution of the problem.

I was thoughts that it is only a bug with the usefulness which reports the quantity of free space as well as I will still have space as well as can utilize drive in general plus save files to it still if the system reports no space left. it is reporting 1.6 GB left as a result I estimate I will wait until it state 0Gb left as well as will attempt to save somewhat to that partition as well as observe how it behaves.