Thread: windows 7: hard drive partitions are not working properly

windows 7: hard drive partitions are not working properly

Hi all, I am having a Toshiba Tecra A11 laptop, which is running with windows 7 OS. The machine was working fine till the last few days. It is specified with Intel dual core processor, AMD graphics card. Along with this, it is supported with wireless connectivity. In the hare drive, where I make 4 partitions, among of them two are not working properly. The D drive is not showing in my computer and C drive is not showing the desire capacity of actually it is available. What should be the cause of this problem is there anyone having any suggestion or information regarding this?

Re: windows 7: hard drive partitions are not working properly

I would like to suggest you to start your machine in safe mode; I hope you will be able to access the hard drive, from there, because I was also having similar issue in my machine, where I was also not able to see two partitions. After that I did this process, and the problem is solved. So after enter into safe mode priced to my computer, from there right click on the partition, by which you are facing problem, select format option, and wait till the format compotes.

Run the disk clean up option, browse this process from control panel and wait for the process completes, this will clean the extra space which is allocated in your machine by the window. I hope by the capacity for your C drive will be increases. And regarding the partition not showing problem I recommend you to release the drive from you r machine, and then again reinsert it. I hope by this you will be able to get back the partition in your machine. But during applying this technique be careful about the other hardware parts, it might cause for the hardware problem. Because laptop parts are very costly and sophisticated.

Similar issue, in my Dell laptop, which is not showing me the some of the folder under a partition into the hard drive. I store a folder into the E drive, but when I tried to access the folder from that drive, it flashes that the drive is not allowed you to access the folder. After that I also tried by admin account password and user name, there also the same thing happen. What should be the cause of this problem is there anyone having any information or suggestion for this?

According to me the problem might be occurring for the operating system. Some of the partition access files, those area collaborating with hard drive files. So it might be solved by fresh installation of the operating system, for that insert windows installation disk and from the installation window, run the installation process. After that it will first format the drive, where the operating system is installed, and then will direct you to install to install the operating system. Go through this, it will surely help you to resolve the issue.