Thread: How to clear the search record at the search bar in window 7

How to clear the search record at the search bar in window 7

Hey I have windows 7 operating system installed in my laptop I have recently installed this windows 7 operating system in my laptop before that I am working on windows XP now I am facing some problem related to search bar in window 7. i would like to clean the search box record at the search bar in window 7.but I do not know what I have to do to perform this action so please help me to sso9lve this issue.

Re: How to clear the search record at the search bar in window 7

From my opinion you have to go to Registry editor. Then you have to Type regedit in the start search box as well as after that you have to click enter then you have to Browse to the following registry entry:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\WordWheelQuery
    After that you have to Delete MRUListEx on the right pane by right-pressing on it as well as choosing delete. After doing all this things you have to close registry editor.

You have to go to Windows explorer, and then you have to check as well as observe if the search results are cleared. You be able to opt to lastingly disable Windows Most Recently utilized lists (MRU) if Group Policy is allowable in your version of Windows. Group policy editor is accessible merely in Professional, Ultimate as well as Enterprise version of Windows 7. You will not have the Local Group Policy Editor accessible in the Windows 7 Starter as well as Home Premium version.

From my suggestion you have to go to Group Policy Editor after that you have to press start plus in the search field you have to type gpedit.msc at the moment the group policy editor will open. Then In it you have to open User Configuration after that Administrative Templates and then Windows Components and at the last Windows Explorer. In the settings panel in Windows Explorer seem for Turn off show of recent search access in the Windows Explorer search box then you have to Right press it as well as choose edit. Then utilize not configured or disabled to maintain search history enabled. Then utilized Enable to disable the search history. After that you have to close the group policy editor.