Thread: Not able to sync with Dropbox on Mac

Not able to sync with Dropbox on Mac

I am having very abnormal doubt about drop box (I think so...). Anyway, I had "drop box" found on my iMac and Powerbook G4 12" installed and I'm fully excited from this program because I often work at different places in my files. I can understand it right, however, in my Dropbox account in the Internet must be for me to come and also for the other computer to the latest version of a file. For example, I wrote on my iMac and directly into my Dropbox folder is stored there. But then the file is indeed there and not only stored in the actual folder where I want to save all documents on this subject actually. So I'll do it this way: I open my DB account and upload all the files that I want. Now when I edit a file on my Mac / update, I have to upload it again by the Internet account to this current version you have, right? But that's totally confusing and it is constantly on the upload. I have the total fallacy? Its not in my list and Library and whatever. I would also like my PB (which I am starting to use to) to bring the same level as my iMac (which I use constantly). Is that with one cable? How do I do that? First and foremost, it is just me because iCal and Address Book. Sorry for these questions, I hope you continue to help me anyway.

Re: Not able to sync with Dropbox on Mac

The "local" drop box folder sync automatically with the cloud after saving you can see the rotating circle at the icon (menu bar). Start test and then you check later times a client that is rare on the net, then it was admitted to the local Dropbox folder inside all the changes. It would look like the rotating circle. Also try to search something from the web and I am sure that you will get some resolution for your issue.

I also use drop box and have the drop box folder containing documents with me. All files work that I want to edit on my iMac and the book lie in containing the dropbox and I have to think any more (apart from the Book hang after work at least once to the network). So I understand your reasoning not quite cumbersome. You should be careful that the computer has finished synced before it shuts down. So first off, when the hook, indicating that everything was ready for downloaded. As can left-click in the menu bar and see how long the respective transfer would still about.

In order to sync iCal and Address Book via drop box in the Helper area, there is a tutorial. To keep order, you can create a separate folder in the Dropbox directory structure. Into it you move the files to synchronize. To still access it within the familiar folder structure can, you can use aliases. These are links to the "real" files. If still it is not working then, I think for me it all sounds so complicated, because somewhere you have a big flaw in it.

The cloud is a metaphor for the online storage space. All you will reinstall in your Dropbox folder or take out or changeable only - provided active Inet connection - synchronized with your Dropbox account on the web. This means that you have 2 computers with 2 local copies of the drop box and one in the Internet, through the synchronization of the two computers .. held understand now?!! The cloud has incidentally also the immense advantage of files that have uploaded some other people already in you before (eg DMG of programs), of your computers do not have to be uploaded completely, but are identified by a check sum and immediately in your dropbox.

help about browser

hi all
    i need help about firefox crashing. it is crashing forever if i open another web page. can you help me?
    thank you.

help firefox for me

hi everyone
    my firefox browser is forever crashing. can you help me?
    thank you.

Re: help firefox for me

Quote Originally Posted by plexalifiet View Post
    hi everyone
    my firefox browser is forever crashing. can you help me?
    thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Astofetmeme View Post
    hi all
    i need help about firefox crashing. it is crashing forever if i open another web page. can you help me?
    thank you.
    Guys, first of all you should start a new Thread as your query is new (not related to this thread/topic). Anyways, me too using Firefox since years as my default browser and never had any problem with mine. Which browser (version) you using and which Operating system ???