Thread: Unable to index a PDF file in windows 7

Unable to index a PDF file in windows 7

I am using Windows7 operating system on my Sony vaio laptop and everything is doing well, now the thing here is that I am not able to find the PDF files in the search results on my system. And it seems to me that the windows that I am using is not indexing the pdf file and that is the reason why I am not able to find the same in the search results. Now the thing here is that I want all the PDF files in the search results so please let me know the best possible way to index the PDF files.

Re: Unable to index a PDF file in windows 7

To enable indexing for the pdf file what you have to do here is that just follow the below mentioned steps:
    • First of all you have to open the indexing option and that too by just clicking on the start button and selecting the control panel and in that you have to type indexing options in the search box.
    • After that the Indexing option will open and then you have to just click on it from the search results
    • Now you have to go in the advanced settings and if you are prompted for the administrators password then just confirm the same.
    • Now Advanced Options dialog box will open in that you have to click on the File Types tab.
    • And then in the Add new extension to list box you have to type "pdf"
    • And then click on add
    • And at last click on OK to confirm the settings.

I have gone through the problem that you are facing and it seems to me that the indexing properties of windows will definitely help you to solve the issue and if you are using the third party application then it will definitely help you to solve the issue. Now what you have to do her is that just see for compatible software and then you have to just download the same and install it on the system of yours. I am sure that this will help you to solve the problem that you are facing.

I am also facing the similar kind of issue where I am not able to locate a lost file on my system. I mean to say that if I am searching the file in the search box then it is not showing me a single result. I don’t know why I am not getting the proper results in the search box. Have anyone ever faced this issue and if yes then please let me know how to solve the same and also give me it as soon as possible because it is frustrating me a lot.