Thread: Getting error: "Could not find this item" while renaming any folder or file in windows 7

Getting error: "Could not find this item" while renaming any folder or file in windows 7

Hi friends there is a small problem which I am facing with my windows7 that whenever I am trying to rename a file or a folder then I am getting an error message saying that "Could not find this item" and which has three command buttons on it denoting that Try again and Cancel. And if I am clicking on the same that is try again then it is doing nothing. Have anyone else faced this issue then please let me know how to solve this one.

Re: Getting error: "Could not find this item" while renaming any folder or file in windows 7

I guess the problem that you are getting is due to the internal system error and to solve the same you have to merge two registry keys and then you have to see how it goes. What you have to do is just see the below mentioned links and then you have to merge them: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FolderDescriptions. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\FolderDescriptions I am sure that doing this will definitely help you to solve the issue.

Re: Getting error: "Could not find this item" while renaming any folder or file in windows 7

I guess you have to try with any other account and then see whether you ate able to rename the folder or not. In my opinion you have to change the account or just log on with the help of administrator and then try and rename the file. It happens sometimes we are not allowed to do he important changes due to the file protection and that can only be done with the help of administrator. I hope that this will help you out to solve the issue that you are facing.

I have gone through the problem that you are facing it seems to me that if this is the issue then there is nothing to worry you r system just needs a update and that to a proper one, I can assure you if you update the firmware then you will definitely not receive any such messages and also will not get any errors. I can assure you that updating the firmware will definitely help you to solve the issue.

I was also facing the similar kind of issue from last few months where I was not able to rename any folder or file and I guess you are also going through the same phase. Now what you have to do here is that just see whether you are trying to change the file type or not because if we are doing so then the system will not let us to rename the file. And as said by you that you are using the windows 7 operating system then please check it out whether it is the ultimate version of the same.