Thread: Windows Installer-"Error 1325 - 'Documents' is not a valid short file name" in Windows 7

Windows Installer-"Error 1325 - 'Documents' is not a valid short file name" in Windows 7

After I have upgraded from windows Vista to Windows 7, the whole thing on the system appear to effort well; until I attempt to re-install any detached software or install latest software. The moment Windows Installer begin the following error come into view: "Error 1325 - 'Documents' is not a valid short file name". Could this have something to perform with the fresh Security Permissions MSFT place in onto folders throughout an upgrade along with the hidden linked connection .so please help me to get out from my problem.

Re: Windows Installer-"Error 1325 - 'Documents' is not a valid short file name" in Windows 7

I would advise you to do SFC scan as well as make sure whether it solve the problem. To resolve whether the problem that you understand is reason by one or more system files that are utilized by Windows 7, run the System File Checker tool. The System File Checker tool scans system files as well as replaces wrong edition of the system files by utilizing the accurate edition.

Re: Windows Installer-"Error 1325 - 'Documents' is not a valid short file name" in Windows 7

To determine this problem, you have to utilize the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe). To perform this you have to go to an elevated command prompt. To perform this, you have to press Start, after that press All Programs, and then press Accessories right-press Command Prompt, plus after that select Run as administrator. If you are confident for an administrator password or for verification, then type the password, or press Allow. Then you have to Type the following command, and then press ENTER: The SFC /scannow command scans the entire secluded system files as well as replaces wrong edition with accurate Microsoft edition.

As well please make sure if the windows installer service is working or not, to perform so, you have to press on start, after that type in services, and then press Enter. Then in services list, you have to search for the windows installer service. After that Double press and check whether it’s running or not. If the service has blocked, after that I would advise you to begin the service.