Thread: File Previewers is not functioning in Explorer

File Previewers is not functioning in Explorer

I am not able to look to "preview" document files in Explorer, most types anyway. Image viewers still appear to effort. If I go to the Preview pane, after that choose any .TXT, .DOC, or an .XLS file, the Preview pane says:
    This file is not able to previewed for the reason that of an error in the Windows TXT previewer.
    This file is not able to previewed for the reason that of an error in the Microsoft Office Word previewer.
    This file is not able to previewed for the reason that of an error in the Microsoft Office Excel previewer."

Any thoughts as to what might be reason behind all this things?

Re: File Previewers is not functioning in Explorer

I establish an answer that appears to have effort for me. In Microsoft Word I went to Office key after that go to the Word choice and the Resources, as well as pressed on "Run Microsoft Office Diagnostics." It took a while. It creates one installation issue as the extremely last check of 40 checks. I closed Word as well as re-opened, as well as the previews are now functioning again.

You have to do SFC scan on your PC as well as make sure for the problem for that you have to press on the Start key. And then all programs subsequently Accessories. And then In the Accessories menu, you have to Right press on the Command Prompt choice. From the drop down menu that show, then you have to press on the 'Run as administrator' choice. If you include the User Account Control (UAC) enabled, you will be inquiring for authorization prior to the command prompt opening. You may just require clicking the Continue key if you are the administrator or put in the administrator password. After that In the Command Prompt window, you have to type: sfc /scannow as well as after that you have to press Enter. And after that A message will come into view situation that 'The system scan will begin .After the scan has finished, close the command prompt window, start the PC again as well as confirm.

Oh well, I am thinking I had it figured out, it appear that this occur after I installed Adobe Reader 9.2. It seems that that was not it. Restoring to a previous "Restore Point" was no assist.I ended up reinstalling the OS. a real PITA, as well as a two-hour long or more procedure, compared to windows XP.I still not able to make up why a reinstall took so long as the unique "upgrade" from windows XP merely took 25-30 minutes. Afterwards, I produced another Restore Point as well as reinstalled Adobe Reader, this time there were no problems.

I have the similar issue in Windows 7 RC 64-bit with Office 2007 Ultimate installed. I am attempting your SFC idea however I am not optimistic. I do not recognize while it start, however it was a few time newly. My system is well-organized as well as modern. SFC is terminated as well as found not anything incorrect. "Windows Resource Protection did not locate some integrity violations." The issue continues.