Thread: Best Operating system for a LAMP server

Best Operating system for a LAMP server

I want to setup a server for my internal network but recently I am using Linux OS. But regarding this I wanted to know that on which system my server will run without any kind of issue. Which system is better and safer? My application is once a LAMP server with MySQL, FTP and e-mail server. In addition to the possibility that server will not capable or to close the Internet access. Which operating system would take for this?

Re: Best Operating system for a LAMP server

This contradicts unfortunately completely safe and also because a simple system does not exist. That there cannot be because security is not an easy state, security is neither easy nor it bring about easily obtained. It requires constant, focused work a server to operate more or less secure, in addition to what you have to learn about the capabilities of the server to generate even one must also (and this is the hardest part) identify potential hazards, appropriate action plan and use if necessary and that in doubt of an already compromised system. It is also important to set the system and cure the kind of compromise is possible, unlikely and if it is done but the damage is minimized. During operation, after all, it is to change the system to recognize your importance to analyze and assess your risk potential. All of these are not simple things, there are actually even very complex things, forget to say those claims. My recommendation remains the same: Debian.

So I use my KVM host 10.04.1 Ubuntu LTS because this 5 years will be provided with updates. Currently running on my UTM firewall and file server. And I am very happy with it and may recommend to anyone. Is easy to install and there are offering a HUGE community, which help ... Also, there was the good old Debian tools. So this much information I can give you regarding this and I hope this will help you in order to get better information.

Debian is a very good server OS. When you have some security and server install packages, you get a fast and secure Linux for a server. But Debian is not easy! Ubuntu is the way on Debian and is only slightly easier forth from the surface. I would also recommend the Server edition of Ubuntu, what if you simply need. So please give me reply for this as soon it is possible for you.

I would also tend to Debian. I personally find the commands for the command line easier. What may be because that I use in most cases, Debian Then comes of course on whether you want to use the command line or want a graphical interface. Safety always depends on how you configure your server. For that you'll find in general as well as sufficient Tips on Google.