Thread: My entire shortcuts go to the same program having extension .lnk.

My entire shortcuts go to the same program having extension .lnk.

Hey I am using a windows 7 operating system installed PC. When I seem at the table of file extensions I observe a particular program point to, as well as that program is the program that begin up while I press on any shortcut. I observe no way of altering that so that while I press on Internet Explorer, for instance, Internet Explorer comes up in its place of the incorrect program. My entire shortcuts go to the same program having extension .lnk. So please help me.

Re: My entire shortcuts go to the same program having extension .lnk.

The LNK file type is connected with windows itself. A shortcut file is a pointer to an .EXE file someplace on your system. While you press on the shortcut it is like pressing on the .EXE file as well as the connected program be supposed to begin as well as run. Sometimes .LNK files will prevent functioning. This be able to be for the reason that the underlying .EXE association has been out of order by something often through some form of anti-malware program rudely altering the registry or the connection in the registry be able to become sullied.

I would advise you the system file checker (SFC) utility permit administrators to do a scan of the entire protected resources to confirm that they are the right edition. If SFC be supposed to discover any wrong edition in any of these secluded resources, SFC will put back them with the right versions. You be able to always run a sfc scan on the windows 7 PC. To run a sfc scan you have to press on start as well as in the start search bar you have to type cmd, then right press on the command prompt image in the programs area as well as after that you have to press on run as administrator. And then at the command prompt you have to type sfc /scannow plus subsequently click enter.

I resolve it by downloading powertools in addition to after that running the program from the directory, because none of my shortcuts were functioning.”File Type Doctor". While I chosen ".lnk" in the extension list it assumed in the Actions in the Right press Menu: user choice override in red as well as Open and then I detached the user choice override as well as that was it. The entire the shortcuts were functioning again, identical to they utilized to.