Thread: Linux Multimedia Studio not working with Easy Debian

Linux Multimedia Studio not working with Easy Debian

Hello friends I have got this N900 mobile phone that is having the Easy Debain running on it. Recently I have heard that there is application called Linux Multimedia Studio that helps us to edit or make our own music by editing the old one. Now since I love listening music so editing it in my own way will surely make wonders for me. So when I installed the application on my mobile, the installation was completed successfully but when I opened to edit some songs I got some error and the application got closed. I am getting this repeatedly and seriously don't know what is wrong, so can someone please help me to get this application started successfully on my mobile.

Re: Linux Multimedia Studio not working with Easy Debian

Hey dear friend have you tried installing the same application again, if not then you must first do this and see if it solves your problem. To do this first you have to remove all the files of your previous Linux Multimedia Studio application from you mobile phone and then again download the same file. Once you get the file file downloaded successfully then you must go forward with the installation process and after you have completed the installation process you will have to switch off and again on your mobile phone so that the changes will take full effect. I hope that this will solve the problem.

Hey friend I think you have to get the sound driver for this Linux Multimedia Studio application to run smoothly on your application. Once you have got this driver then you will have to set the driver to ALSA that is the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture which provides audio and MIDI functionality to the Linux operating system. Once you have done this then you will have to restart you r mobile phone so that the changes will take effect and you will be able to get the application running smoothly without any problem.

Hey friends thanks for all your instant reply and I would like to inform you all that I have downloaded the sound driver and even set it to ALSA, but after I set the sound driver with the setting that has been mentioned in the above post, it prompts me to restart my mobile phone but after I restart my mobile phone I am again directed back to my default settings that the changes of the settings gets lost. Now why is the settings is not getting saved is still a mystery, I have tried this numerous amount of time but then also I am unable to save my changes, so can any one who has the solution for this kind of problem do write it in the next post.

I think that this will help you to solve your problem of saving the setting and getting the application to run completely. Firstly, according to me you might need to copy some libasound module files into the easy debian filesystem. Secondly, you have to set the audio driver interface to ALSA and your mobile device to default in lmms. Once you have done this then finally you have restart Imms and you will be able to successfully launch your application. I hope that this solution does solves your problem.