Thread: Who uses PackageKit

Who uses PackageKit

I heard that PackageKit is a system planned to make setting up and modernizing software on your computer simpler. This is not enough; I heard lots of things about PackageKit. But after lots of searching I am not able to find my answer. Here my main question is who uses the PackageKit? As I say I search at many websites, but then also I cannot find anything about this. And also know me what software utilizes the PackageKit session API, if possible? So please if anyone here who know about this or have any idea about this then please be helpful.

Re: Who uses PackageKit

• Fedora Project - Fedora 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13:
      Fedora is an OS based on Linux which displays case the most recent in gratis and open source software. Fedora is all the time free for anybody to utilize, modify, and distribute. Utilizes most recent PackageKit edition.
    • Foresight Linux - Foresight GNOME
      Foresight is a desktop OS expecting an instinctive user interface and a showcase of the most recent desktop software, giving users expedient and pleasant access to their music, photos, videos, papers, and Internet resources. All the time utilizes most recent PackageKit edition.

Moblin Project: Moblin Linux
    Here i also wish to add something. Moblin is an open source project inattentive on constructing a Linux-based platform optimized for the subsequent generation of mobile devices counting Netbooks, Mobile Internet Devices, and In-vehicle infotainment systems. Normally utilizes most recent PackageKit edition, but presently 0.4.7 would straight modernize to upcoming release.

Kubuntu - Kubuntu:
    Kubuntu is a free, comprehensible operating system based on the K Desktop Environment and on the prize winning Ubuntu operating system. With a biannual release cycle and as a minimum 20 months of free safety updates for every release, it is the protected, steady computing environment you have been waiting for. Default package installer since Kubuntu 9 (utilizes PackageKit 0.3.13)

Opensuse Project: opensuse
    Opensuse is a gratis and Linux-based operating system for your Laptop, system, computer or Server. You can surf the web, handle your e-mails and pictures, carry out office work, play videos or music and have many of enjoyable! That utilizes most recent version 0.4.9 in GNOME: Factory.
    SUSE or Novell: SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10, SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10
    SUSE Linux Enterprise 10 is the mainly interoperable platform for undertaking critical computing both corporeal and practical from the desktop to the data core. That utilizes PackageKit 0.3.15.

GNOME: Nautilus
    The Nautilus file manager gives an easy and included way to handle your files and functions. The file manager allows you systematize your files into folders. Nautilus as well handles the desktop. The desktop lays at the back all other noticeable items on your screen. The desktop is a lively module of the way you utilize your computer. It makes use of PackageKit to setup missing mime type handlers, to unlock indefinite file formats.