Thread: How to update amsn in Linux Mint

How to update amsn in Linux Mint

When I open aMSN, it offers me an update. But then, there it sends me on their site or I am asked to download a rar file. I am doing the same and following the instructions that are given but I think it is not updating as required. I have used this command sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list for updating. Then release the update to the latest filings Linux Mint menu and then just right click logo and select install amsn. Now I am thinking of completely removing it from my system and doing the complete installation. If you have better suggestion related to this then let me know about that.

Re: How to update amsn in Linux Mint

Identify Romeo deposits in etc / apt / sources.list and then put them up to date on the top menu of mint and then reloads the amsn plugin. Uninstall and download the latest location of construction / install the new one. This is the only solution I can suggest you for solving the problem you are facing. I think you should wait for the replies from other users. I am sure that the other users on this forum will definitely provide you a better solution for the problem you are facing. But if you are not getting any solution for this problem then you can go with my suggestion.

It should perhaps check into the program if the automatic update is not enabled. Then disable this option. So you can do the updates manually (or via deposits). Otherwise, look towards deposits hardy, but I do not know if that is recommended for use with the Linux Mint 4.0. In fact, Version 4 refers to deposits gutsy and not Hardy. The latter being will be more appropriate for Linux Mint. Alternatively, get version 0.97 via the filing gutsy-backports. I hope that this will definitely solve the problem that you are facing. If have any other doubt then let me know about that, I am here to help you out.

You can install the new version via their website, as proposed. Open Synaptic and search for "tcl tk, then down the list until the packet beginning with tk and see which version is installed (the box must be checked). Normally it is the 8.4 (tk8.4). Then, download the file for the version Tcl / Tk in the "generic" systems. Uninstall aMSN: in a terminal "sudo apt-get removes amsn and then follow the instructions that are given. Try to follow these things and let me know the outcome for these things. I hope that you have understood what I am trying to covey; it will help me to provide you a better suggestion.

By cons I cannot download the skins or plug-in there must be a manipulation to do ... qd I try to extract the skin Download, I receive an error message: checkdir error: cannot create / usr / share / amsn / skins / haudrey v1.2 Unable to process haudrey v1.2 /. Because a priori it should be can create a folder (only the folder "default" exists) ... except that I cannot give me the rights for this. Even this by typing: chmod u + rwx / usr / share / amsn / skins / (Operation not permitted). I do not know what is going wrong but need to know the solution for these things. If you have understood the problem that I am facing the please suggest me a solution for that.

AMSN startup, a screen informs me that the software can be updated to version 0.97 if I remember correctly. But when I click on "Change Log", this brings me to a page with just text, explaining the additions in the updates. Is there a way to do it via the console? Whatever, go into your manager for updates, or console and is an update if aMSN is not updated is that 0.97 is not yet in the repositories, wait a few days. I hope that you have understood what I am trying to convey. If you need anything else then let me know about that. I will be waiting for your response.