Thread: windows 7 does not support backing up files to network locations

windows 7 does not support backing up files to network locations

I am using windows 7 home premium as my operating system in my computer. Well I want to say that my operating system does not support backing up of files to any network location. The sad part is that it does not allow the data to be backed up In a drive which gives the option to backup and then transfer the particular data to the different drive. I needed to know does professional edition and the business edition of the windows 7 support such features. In case I upgrade to the professional edition then do I need to pay the full price. Do give me some information on these.

Re: windows 7 does not support backing up files to network locations

I have setup a windows home server which gives me the option of the backup of any of the data in my network. So I think this would be the better option for you. So even I would advice you to setup a windows home server in your LAN it will definitely help you. The steps for the connection of the windows home server can be found out in the internet. So do have a look at the steps and set it up accordingly. I hope this suggestion has helped you.

Well the answer for the storage of the files in the network drive will be possible only in the windows 7 ultimate and the professional edition. So you must have to upgrade your operating system in order to access this service. So do try upgrading the operating system of the computer and enjoy the benefits. In case you need more information on the sharing of the files in the network drive then you can visit that particular Microsoft website and you will get the necessary information.

Your query regarding the cost for the upgradation then let me tell you that you will have to spend some extra money for the upgradation because the home and the other editions like business and ultimate editions are totally different editions. So you will have to buy a new edition for that. As per as the back up issue is concerned then you can try backing up the data in some of the external data storage device like dvd, usb etc. that will help you. Hope you have got the necessary solution.

Hey thanks a lot for the suggestions that you have given. Even I am thinking of setting up a windows home network. Well after reading your suggestion I liked the idea and I did some research in the internet and I found it to be very interesting. So finally I have decided to go with this solution and setting up a home network. As far as now i am not thinking to further upgrade my operating system. So thanks a lot for the efforts.