Thread: Mapper Repository for Maemo operating system

"Dritan" Guest

Mapper Repository for Maemo operating system

I am a new user of the Maemo operating system , since I had recently purchased the Nokia N900 smart phone , there is an SD card of 32 GB installed in he phone , I had gone through the thread that had stated about the the dual boot in the the Nokia phones , I was concerned about the repositories being used to store the the essential files required for the boot loading. Please explain in brief about Mapper Repository.

Re: Mapper Repository for Maemo operating system

Maemo Mapper is a very competent geographical mapping tool that can be utilized to:
    • Download map data to your smart's primary memory or to an SDl memory card.
    • Locate that map data on your display.
    • Navigate that map data by placing around the display and zoom in and out.
    • Show your location and other GPS data from a GPS recipient .
    • Save and show Point-of-Interest (POI) information.
    • Download directions between random points on the map.
    • Store or open locate data or find a route data.

The N800 run the same Maemo Mapper application so except the lack of a built in GPS process is related to the N810. I have not had the chance to make use of the N900 which has a added finger friendly edition of Maemo Mapper. N900 users are expected to locate this if not written purposely for the N900. Maemo Mapper has an exceptional functionally prearranged help file which I have taken the independence of putting it in .

proj" means "projection" and it is a command-line tool that Maemo Mapper utilizes when it requires convert from one protrusion to some other. It is only required for WMS repositories (l for example the Terraserver one), since they utilize a special projection from the others.You will be able to install the proj package from the equivalent repository which you used to installeMaemo Mapper.

Firefox has this great usefulness for spying on precisely what images a website extracts in. For instance, go to Google Maps and make use of the "Tools | Page Info" menu item in Firefox web browser . The "Media" tab encloses a list of all media extracted in by the page, counting images. In the case of Google Maps, there are a group of "mt1.google.com"-style URLs that disclose precisely the URL format that Google Maps make use of to get back its bitmaps. This is how Maemo Mapper was being used first.