Thread: Some quick tips to work on Linux Terminal

Some quick tips to work on Linux Terminal

Terminal is an most efficient way to access your Linux system completely and work on the root level. Ubuntu Linux allows you to change system settings and to work without entering to the terminal. But this gives a little manual settings to use. I think this might be useful in future If I face some issues and that problem can only be fixed via th terminal. One of the example can be configuring a usb modem. So here I need some really read to use tips that I can keep secure for the future and use them easily. I do not really understand the commands easily, so there is also no use to keep a cheat sheet for that. What you will suggest for that.

Re: Some quick tips to work on Linux Terminal

The gui method by which you cna access the terminal is Applications> Accessories> Terminal. Here first you can see string. This thing is important. As the user name is which your account on the system of course, gives you your live session. It is the hostname of your computer, the identifier lets you to see your home directory. Suppose you want to change the date and time of your computer. You can do that by using the terminal command. Open the terminal and then type - user @ ubuntu: ~ $ date 10011200. Hit enter and done. If you get any error message then that can be due to the fact that the system time can be changed only by the root user.

The sudo is the prefixed command which is used to run any code. You can execute the command with root privileges to temporarily acquire the admin privileges so that you cna run the command. It ask you to enter your user password and press enter. Obviously if you leave the terminal open and after a couple of minutes you want to run another command using sudo, you need not provide the same password again. I found that the password remains valid for approximately five minutes from the last use of the command. That is the security support provided on the operating system.

The syntax of the shell is changed in the new operating system. To tell the truth is that new Linux operating systems like Ubuntu does not follow the rule of other distributions, that is beginning to enable the root user. It is right to say that Linux Terminal provides a much high potential in comparison to Windows. It opens a possibility to a greater number of changes in Windows would be impossible or only achievable with very advanced tools. The terminal is so powerful that if you have root access (root is a root in Linux) you can let the system start moving the in it. So be careful with permissions.

A terminal is a way to access the system without using the GUI, i.e., perform all tasks in text format. How to use the system in this way is by orders. A terminal is a way to access the system without using the GUI, i.e., perform all tasks in text format. How to use the system in this way is by orders. Before running a command, you can redirect any of your output files, is redirection. You can also configure the command prompt as per your usage. The commonly used double quotes for strings but it should be noted that the special character '$' is interpreted as the double quotes is followed by a variable name.

It is right to say that when you use linux by terminal then your can access your system in an much faster way. o read or modify the configuration of a terminal , you can use the library functions. There are variables assigned by the operating system from the beginning of a session until the close. These variables can be used from any terminal. Simple commands return a value that represents its exit status. There are other more extensions provided for the Terminal. You can try to add the same on your system. You can choose them as per your choice and taste.