Thread: Unable to delete the Microsoft Exchange from the email account

Unable to delete the Microsoft Exchange from the email account

I have recently upgraded my system form windows XP to windows 7 and the upgradation process was fine and also the other installation was proper. Now what I did is I wrongly added a Microsoft Exchange during the process and I don’t want the same but the thing is that if I am trying to uninstall the same from the system then it is not letting me to do the same. I don’t know why I am not able to remove it from the system so please guide me in the same and then let me know how I can uninstall it from my system and if I am trying to forcibly remove the same then it is giving me an error message saying that "You cannot delete this outlook data file”

Re: Unable to delete the Microsoft Exchange from the email account

I have gone through the problem that you are facing and it seems to me that I can help you out in this case, No what you have to do in this case is that just close the outlook if it is open and also use the task manager to end the task if it is running somewhere around and after that what you have to do here is that just go to the start and then select the control panel and in that you will found then mail-email accounts so just remove it from there and then the Exchange will automatically will be removed.

If you really want to solve the issue then you have to remove the profile you are currently using and to do the same just follow the below mentioned steps.
    • On the Tools menu, click Account Settings. Account Settings command is located in the Tools menu in Office Outlook 2007. If you use a previous version of Outlook, the following instructions do not apply. For instructions that correspond to your version, open the help provided with the product. If the title bar of the program indicates that you are using Outlook Express, it means you are using a different program from Outlook. For instructions, see Using Outlook Express.
    • Select the account to delete and click Delete.
    • To confirm the account deletion, click Yes.

If the profile is all together different then you have to do the following In another profile
    1. Close Outlook.
    2. In Control Panel, open the Mail module.
    3. The title bar of the dialog Mail Setup displays the name of the active profile. To select another existing profile, click Show Profiles, select the profile, then click Properties.
    4. Click Email Accounts.
    5. Select the account and then click Delete.
    6. To confirm the account deletion, click Yes.

Well it seems to me that you are not having the proper rights to remove the Microsoft Exchange from the system and that is the reason why it is not letting you to remove the same, and if you really want to remove it than you have to login as the administrator. It happens if we are restricted to remove any application or software from the system then it is very tough to uninstall them and if you want to do it then you have to just log in as the administrator and then try and uninstall it I am sure that doing this will definitely help you to remove it.

I think that the error message is thrown at you says everything and also specified the reason why you are not able to delete the files. As mentioned by you that the error is saying that “You cannot delete this outlook data file” now the error clearly says that you can’t delete this file because it is used by any of the program somewhere in the background or by any other account and if you want to delete it then first you have to make it free from all the process and then give it a try I hope that this will work for you.