Thread: Need visual IDEs for PHP in Linux Mint

Need visual IDEs for PHP in Linux Mint

Well, the fact is I am new to Linux Mint, and was trying a bit (and contribute) in html / php, and as generally use visual studio and dreamweaver want a linux ide help me in the task, Although we provide a couple of ides and but none for what I wanted (intellicense, wysiwyg, code hightlighting, etc. ..), so I ask you if you can advice some ide that can add these features to Linux. I know many will say "ok if you like dreamweaver, why not put it with wine and use that", But put it on, but do not want to see. Only see the splash and scream and does not open, if they could tell me what happens then I will appreciate a lot for that, although I would also like saver which alternatives are there for what I want.

Re: Need visual IDEs for PHP in Linux Mint

If you are new to the web development world or you're tired of the IDE you use, you may here find a solution. What is an IDE?, Integrated Development Environment (integrated development environment), ie a code editor that can also serve to refine and facilitate the different tasks involved in developing any application. We must clarify that it is possible that the same IDE can work with different programming languages; a good example of this is Eclipse. The order of the items on the list is not significant because of what it is to find the development environment that best suits your needs.

Many developers working with Zend Studio, is arguably one of the best IDE of time. This is a Zend house program, one of the best drivers of PHP, focused on developing web applications, of course, in PHP. Zend Studio is a text editor to pages PHP provides a number of aid from the creation and management of projects to debug your code. A few months ago I got good news as Zend announced the availability of the new Zend Studio Neon. Unlike previous versions and is not an IDE written in Java (too slow and memory consumption in some cases), now based on Eclipse, Eclipse is a platform independent open source software platform to develop what that the project calls "rich client applications."

Open Komodo Project, it is a project quite unique because it relies on the creation of Web applications that run under Firefox, besides being built with the Komodo IDE. Thus, the company behind the project is ensured to be present in the fight against closed Web, like others, such as the popular Mozilla. The Open Komodo Project meets the requirements of the tools for developing web technology free, promoting web innovation and freedom of choice for developers and end users. You can use this thing for the purpose you want to achieve. I am saying this because currently I am using this thing.

Eclipse is a platform independent open coding software and is and has been widely used to build development environments (IDE), but equally can be used for other types of client applications (eg, BitTorrent , Azureus ). The best thing about Eclipse is that it has a large community of users application constantly expanding. PDT (PHP Development Tools), this project has had a great response among the PHP developers and has been downloaded over 300,000 times. According me these are the two tools that you can go for. I am sure that these tools will definitely help you to get rid of the problem.

Aptana is a development environment targeted toward web applications written in Ajax / JavaScript. It is based on Eclipse and we can find for the three mainstream platforms (Win, Mac and Linux), either as a plugin of the Eclipse , or as a separate application. In your case as we want to help us to edit PHP code in the best would be to use Aptana as a plugin for Eclipse . The characteristics of this FDI are similar to other more general IDE: project management, outline view and preview, autocomplete, macros (in this case, written in JS), document management, etc.