Thread: Cannot group the running applications in taskbar

Cannot group the running applications in taskbar

Hi all, I need to group all the running application in one group under task bar but I am not able to do that. I feel that it is very maddening that 15 gedits are running and there are also 15 terminals opened for them. It the taskbar can let then in one single group then it will be much comfortable for me. This is because If I need to close then they all can be closed by just a single click and I should not close them one by one. So if you have any suggestion to do that then please tell me. Thank you.

Re: Cannot group the running applications in taskbar

I asked to one of my friends about this and he told me that it is very easy to do that. All you have to do is just right click on the panel and you will see option available for that. See if it is there or not. If it is not there then select the last option that is the properties option. Look in all the tabs in that property window and you will be able to get the option for that. Do the settings accordingly and save the changes. I wish that you will be able to do that without much trouble. I cannot provide you the complete way to do that because I am also not very expert in that.

I am not sure that this will help you but it worked for me. So here is what I did. First of all you should right click the separator that is there on the panel. I don’t know thw exact word used for that but it is three horizontal bars which is there next to the mint menu. All there will be at the left side of the panel all over the place else it let you to the properties for the panel itself but this I take for granted is for the window selector otherwise window list applet. If you right click on it then it will provide you the preferences from where you will be able to prefer either of three options from there and the options are
    • never group
    • always group
    • only group when space is low.

You can try the things that are given above and see if that works for you or not. Those are the correct answers and methods to do that but that is not able to help you then there is possibility that the Linux Mint that you are using is corrupted and so you are not able to do this. In such case the only option that is left for you is install the operating system again and this will solve the issue for you. I would like to tell you that this should only be done if none of the above solution is working for you. Make this as the last option if none of the possible solution is able to help you to do that.