Thread: Mint Menu: New items not appearing

Mint Menu: New items not appearing

Will this insect be fixed in the last release? The previous update did not resolve the trouble. For example Wine applications and Picasa are not exposed on my menu even though all settings are correct in the menu preferences each application is exposed there properly. Then also I am not able to see new item in Linux mint menu. So anyone have any idea what the problem I have or anyone have any idea about this?

Re: Mint Menu: New items not appearing

Neither Wine applications nor Picasa conform to the UNIX or Linux desktop normal, so this is not a problem with the Mint Menu. For any application to show on any Linux menu system the package from which it is setup have to install a .desktop file in /usr/share/applications. If the package does not perform that you are unlucky. On the other hand, you can make your own menu entry simply, right click in the Menu button, select edit menu and put in an item anywhere you wish for.

Is that truly the case? At any time I have setup possibly Picasa or Wine items they have shown up below Mint Menu. Have you attempted right clicking on the menu symbol and clicking reloads plugging? If you have inserted the items newly, this frequently does the trick. Or else, maybe below menu preferences you can attempt exhausted the items to the top level, in its place of letting them hide below sub-menus. Both Wine and Picasa layer their programs into sub menus, and they possibly show up improved if the opener are just below Graphics or Wine quite than Graphics- Picasa- Picasa as per the default.

Well, the thing is, both Picasa and Wine applications have been exposed on previous releases devoid of any trouble. But here they are not present. Reloading plugging does not resolve the trouble and while I edit the menu Picasa is exposed top level in "graphics" but not exposed in the genuine menu. The Wine applications are currently exposed on the top level in Wine and as well in the menu. That decreases the trouble to Picasa not exposed in the menu. I cannot discover it with the filter either.

Sorry if you previously know this, but Picasa by default in fact demands as a menu, with two sub-categories. Unluckily, it seems akin to the Picasa launcher, since it has the similar logo and similar name. Are you confident that the genuine launcher is at the top level, not the menu? By the way, it is worth talking about that for me below the RC, Picasa and Wine substance demonstrate up just well, without me containing to relocate anything, so I am not certain why your behavior is dissimilar.