Thread: What about Permissions , NTFS and java in linux mint

What about Permissions , NTFS and java in linux mint

I just installed linux mint on a hp laptop with Windows Seven. I created a swap partition during installation, a root for Linux Mint and not left to do then formatted the data partition to NTFS Seven. From seven but will not let me format. I can do that from linux? since i am very much new to linux i would also like to know about linux permissions and how well linix mint supports java. Please help in this matter.

Re: What about Permissions , NTFS and java in linux mint

I would suggest you to use gparted.

menu-control-center gparted program since that is among the best if you want to deal with the partitions. I suggest, however, 'to use it to live, that' by starting the computer from a CD of a linux distro (mint is fine ).

PS: if you just installed and during installation you have not planned a small partition for the home I suggest you do it .....

Before speaking of Java, almost all Linux users (Especially users of Ubuntu Linux) know that Linux Mint uses the base and over 90% of their repositories. (Ubuntu). So, in my opinion I must say that the merits of the former are Ubuntu Linux and its other desktops (desktops) - Kubuntu and Xubuntu. The differences and customizations Linux Mint begin from then on. Consider also the whole design. linux Mint supports Java very well so all the very best.

Home Edition -32 bit - Felicia v. 6 Linux Mint usually launch their versions with all codecs, Flash, Java (TM) JRE - Runtime virtual machine and the java plugin ... and anything else already installed. The community issues as well. EC KDE - XFCE CE - Fluxbox Programs and others .. written in Java need the JAVA (TM)-JRE v. 6.10 to be used. And Java plugin for the browser v.Java 6.10 - already installed The Universal version of Linux Mint (formerly light edition) comes with proprietary software codecs etc.

Thanks a lot for these useful replies but now i would like to know whether it is possible to get this problem fixed. I wanted to know how do I set permissions for a pendrive so that you can write to them. From the menu that permits to drive on to IRESC not set correctly, because every time I close my settings back to those first. So can anyone tell me how do i go about it. Please tell me how to achieve this i will be grateful.