Thread: NTFS partition an external hard drive is not recognized under Windows, even on Ubuntu OS

NTFS partition an external hard drive is not recognized under Windows, even on Ubuntu OS

I have around 1 TB of hard disk. But in this the main problem is that the drive which is in to the NTFS format it is not recognized by my system which is recently running on to the windows 7 operating system. So I think there will be any issue in to the OS so I have tried that on to the Ubuntu OS also but I have seen that I am getting the same issue over there also. So if you have suggestion regarding this then help me. And If I want to select the partition in Explorer, so I will get the error. he strange thing is that I can easily with Ubuntu read the NTFS partition. Only under Windows (7) I have no access. What can I do?

Re: NTFS partition an external hard drive is not recognized under Windows, even on Ubuntu OS

I want to know here that did you have previously formatted with windows 7 and win7 activated gpt? I do not have much idea but if gparted can already deal with gpt, or whether only the latest gparted can. I do it so that I am using gparted (Linux Live Cd) partitioning, ntfs format, but when it occurred win installation, the first rapid and then Formatting safe? Or (takes forever for selections. produced ntfs with Linux makes it almost always win problems.

Re: NTFS partition an external hard drive is not recognized under Windows, even on Ubuntu OS

The unrecognized partition the external drive is not empty. Therefore, I would also like to format only reluctantly. Previously on the external drive only one large partition was with about 400GB data. Now I have the partition with GParted and a new dimension is created. This can be read without problems, but the smaller the whole data will only be recognized in Ubuntu. Two computers with Windows 7 issue the error message shown above. The software test disk under Windows will still able to name that I had at that time given for this partition. Also took about PhotoRec read files from this partition (without any directory structure).

GParted is a great free tool to quickly change once partitions. That may work with partitions of Linux operating systems work wonderfully; Windows operating systems have, in my experience often problems with the so modified partitions. Non-operating system partitions can save even more with Check Disk, but if the Windows partition is lazy, will not boot Windows. So only the tip: change data partitions, yes. Windows partitions change is better not. And without a backup no way to do anything.

I am also going through this issue and in this even if I start Windows should no longer; I would still be a portable with Windows chkdsk available. Backups are of course important and will stay with me also performed frequently enough. In this case, it was not quite as good as I do not reflect few hundred GB because sufficient space was missing. Can you recommend for a partitioning tool that can better deal with Windows-/NTFS-Partition?