Thread: Linux mint 10 menu Freezes for 5 to 10 seconds

Linux mint 10 menu Freezes for 5 to 10 seconds

I have just installed Linux Mint 10 in my system. From my side this is in fact impressed. But I am having some problem related to this linux mint 10 menu. While I type something which is not installed in the Linux mint menu through computer "freezes" for 5 to 10 seconds. I don’t know what I have to do at this point. So please help me how can this problem be resolved?

Re: Linux mint 10 menu Freezes for 5 to 10 seconds

This has possibly to perform with the new opportunity to search for packages with the mint menu.You have to first of all have to right press the mint menu image as well as you have to press on Preferences. After that in Applications deactivate "search for packages to install" as well as after doing all this things you have to press on OK.try this out……..

You be able to just attempt out there installation of the files of the Linux as well as after that you be able to just observe that whether it is functioning out well or not. As well as well it is that you be able to just take out the entire of the file of the Linux as well as after that you be able to just observe that the files are functioning out well or not. The Linux might be having a few of the problem with it plus in addition it is that you be able to just make sure out that if a few of the files are being missing out from the system of the Linux that you are now making utilize of.

The other significant of the files that you be able to now make utilize of is of the Mint Software manager as well as then you be able to now write the program which is being associated to it in as well as after that you be able to just choose uninstall alternative for it. If you are still attempting to run these programs back then you have to now make a list as you will take out them from the system detail plus they will be there coming up for file of the Linux that you are now going to make utilize of .

You have to right press on the Mint Menu, after that press Preferences. Then you have to restore the accessible icon address into the address matching icon with the icon address you will utilize. For case, I would like to utilize the Ubuntu symbol. Since I do not recognize the path or folder, after that I copied the Ubuntu symbol icon to /usr/lib/linuxmint/mintMenu/. Then, I changed the path is on the menu mint into /usr/lib/linuxmint/mintMenu/start-here.png. As a result, the menu will be mint symbol ubuntu symbol.