Thread: How to Configure Mint 10 and policykit to use separate Root Password

How to Configure Mint 10 and policykit to use separate Root Password

I did like to configure my mint 10 to utilize a separate root password. I already activated a root password, however a few applications still inquire for my user password.

I changed the defaults in sudoers to
    Code:
    Code: Select all
    Defaults        env_reset,insults,rootpw,passwd_timeout=0,timestamp_timeout=0

Then, I utilized gconf-editor to configure gksu to utilize su-mode. By means of this, approximately the entire applications inquire for my root password .The issue is while I attempt to utilize mintInstall. It still inquires for my user password. I did a number of search, as well as i believe it has amazing to perform with PolicyKit, however i do not identify how to configure it. Can some1 help me?

Re: How to Configure Mint 10 and policykit to use separate Root Password

In my view you have completed quite fine to obtain to the extent that you have completed with this. I have constantly establish that adding a root account to a distro that does not have one, or the differing, adding a user account to a distro that just has a root account almost always fails to a few degree or other. In your situation it is mintinstall, however there will for all time be something.

Possibly if Linux actually was regarding option you would be given the option to have a root account or not while you initial install in its place of being forced to cobble a little together later on. I hope this will help you but I do not hold out much expect, however next maybe you are a bit cleverer than me whilst it comes to the old 0's as well as 1's.That would not be hard.

PolicyKit is a framework for significant policy for system-wide mechanism and for desktop pieces to configure it. It is utilized by HAL. Keep in mind that this is not well-matched with later edition. The PolicyKit pack up is an application-level toolkit for significant as well as handling the policy that permit unprivileged procedure to talk to privileged procedure. If you want to know how to configure PolicyKit you have to search for this in google you got lot of information how to do this so you have to try this once.

I searched lots as well as I lastly got how to configure PolicyKit. Many of configuration lesson i found did not effort because Mint (or Debian) has an instruction that tells PolicyKit that the users in the sudo group "are the similar" as root. To put out of action this, i deleted the file /etc/polkit-1/localauthority.conf.d/51-debian-sudo.conf. Then, the other lesson i found were not wanted in any way. Now the verification inquires for my root password.