Thread: Need to upgrade my Linux 9

Need to upgrade my Linux 9

I am using the Linux 9 from last few months and it was really serving me the best but now I have came to know that the latest Linux mint has been launched, and that is the reason why I have decided to upgrade the operating system of my system. Now the thing here is that I am not aware of upgrading the operating system. So please let me know how to upgrade a system and installing the latest one on my system. Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: Need to upgrade my Linux 9

Well if you will ask me then it is not recommended to upgrade the system, actually it can be done but I will suggest you not to the upgrading because there might be a scene where you might be end up in conflicting with the whole system. Actually it happens if the upgrading process has interrupted in between then it will damage the whole system because the current one and the latest one both neither be installed nor uninstalled and that is a pity condition for your system.

I think it is very easy to upgrade any of the operating system but the only thing that you need in this case and which is the important thing is the internet connection. Now what you have to do here is that just visit the official site of Linux and then look out for the operating system that you want to install. And then you will also find the option called “upgrade and install” and “download and install” and then you have to just select the upgrade and install option that will definitely upgrade your system and will give you the one you want.

If you really want to upgrade operating system then here are the steps that will help you out in this case:
    • Choice of language: Choose the language in which the installation procedure will
    • Choice of the keyboard that will be English (Language)
    • Choosing installation media: If your Linux distribution is on CD, select CD-ROM, otherwise (if you downloaded for example), select Hard Drive
    • Choice of style of installation: if there is an update of a previous system or a full installation
    • Type of installation system lets you choose between workstation, server or custom. Your best interest to opt for a custom configuration that will allow more flexibility
    • Choice of SCSI adapter: if you have a SCSI adapter, you must answer yes to this question. The installation system will attempt to detect your hardware. If ever this automatic search is unsuccessful, you can simply enter a line of parameters enabling it to know what type of SCSI adapter in question, and to know his (her) IRQ and memory address. A map "AHA1520" address 0x140 and IRQ 10 is the command line: aha152x = 0x140, 10
    • Partitioning your hard drive: this distribution allows you to partition your hard at this level of installation (if you have not already done so) and lets you choose between disk druid and fdisk
    • Choice of hard drive: The software lets you choose from a list the hard disk where you want to create partitions
    • Suppression des partitions inutiles : sup primer les partitions inutile (faites attention * ne pas supprimer vos partitions Windows!) removal of unnecessary partitions: fdisk in using the key "d" you can delete unnecessary partitions (be careful not to delete your Windows partition!)
    • Creating Linux partitions: the key n and p key will allow you to create root and swap partitions and any other partitions you might need The first cylinder number of partition and its size (in MB) will be required
    • Change the partition type: Thanks to the t button you can assign the type 82 to the swap partition, and type 83 for Linux partitions ...
    • fdisk output: press the q button you exit fdisk abandoning the changes by pressing the button

Well instead of upgrading you can directly install the setup on your system. What you have to do in this case is that just remove the earlier one and in case you have to hard reset the disk because then only the previous operating system’s data will be deleted. And then you have to order the CD of setup from the Linux officials and when you will receive the same you have to install it on your system. And if can’t wait then you have to just download it from the trusted source and then install it on your system.