Thread: Unable to restore the Language applet in Linux

Unable to restore the Language applet in Linux

I am having a Sony vaio laptop and using the same from last 12 months and I have installed the Linux operating system on the same and that too with the Intel core2 duo processor. Actually the unknowingly I deleted the language applet from the notification area on the panel and now it is very difficult to bring it back. I have tried a lot to bring the same back but I was unable to restore the language applet. Have anyone else faced this issue before if yes then how you solved the same. Please help me out of this one.

Re: Unable to restore the Language applet in Linux

To bring the language applet back you have to follow the below mentioned steps :
    • First of all you have to go to menu icon
    • And from the menu icon you have to select the control center
    • In that just select keyboard in that you will find layout just click on it.
    • Now there you will find the language that you have to add.
    • And then at last you have to just click on add button and then hit close.
    • I am sure that the above steps will definitely help you to solve the issue that you are facing.

Well I have followed the steps and get the issue solved, so thanks a lot for the co-operating and also for finding the solution. Now the thing here is that I want to handle the mails and other mailing accounts using Linux so please suggest me a browser that will work faster and also will give me the best of services to go with and then enjoy the same. Actually I was having the default one but is not working properly and that is the reason I want the new one.

If this is the case then you can opt for Mozilla thunderbird.Mozilla Thunderbird is the Mozilla Foundation courrielleurIt allows you to set one or more email accounts, RSS feeds, Mail Unix (movemail) accounts or newsgroups. With Thunderbird, you can send and receive emails. An address book can store your contacts. You can also create mailing lists to send bulk emails to your lists. Evolution to Thunderbird is lighterWith their default configurations, Thunderbird (without the extension Lightning ) and evolution can be compared to Outlook Express and Outlook. Thunderbird is more customizable because it offers a multitude of themes and add-ons (translators etc..). You can share the same configuration for a mailbox between facing version of Thunderbird installed on your Ubuntu and the one installed on your Windows.

I have gone through the problem and it seems to me that I can help you in this case and if you want the finest browser then you have to use the opera web browser for Linux. In fact I am also using the same one and it is really serving me the best Opera 11 is the new major version of Firefox browser competitor, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. Many new features and improvements are planned, the most significant being the ability to install extensions now. These extensions can provide buttons or menus, or only work in the background. Another innovative feature of Opera 11: the stack of tabs, which lets you create groups of tabs by drag and drop. Mouse gestures have also been improved: when you hold the right mouse button, now you see a visual guide to good use.

Hi there...
    Thank's for all the tpis...
    But guys I need a help too...
    My linux mint 12 is now in chines and I want to set it to inglish...
    But I am not able to change it... as all the languages are written in chines... so I can not figure out what is written there...
    Please help me as I don't know how to fix this problem...
    Any tip is grate appratiated...

Quote Originally Posted by encoder View Post
    Hi there...
    Thank's for all the tpis...
    But guys I need a help too...
    My linux mint 12 is now in chines and I want to set it to inglish...
    But I am not able to change it... as all the languages are written in chines... so I can not figure out what is written there...
    Please help me as I don't know how to fix this problem...
    Any tip is grate appratiated...
    Hey i am not very sure if you will be able to make it out but then i just wanted to add that you can refer to a user guide which is in English and try changing the language. you will have to make out the steps that might be needed to set the language in your Chinese scenario.just check it out and see if it could be of any help.
    Official documentation