Thread: Where all installed printer drivers are in the registry

Where all installed printer drivers are in the registry

I would like to remove all unnecessary printer drivers from our terminal server. I would like to read all of the installed printer driver via script. The script I have already done. Just me, the location is missing from the registry.
    Here:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Devices "
    and here:
    hkey_local_machine \ system \ currentcontrolset \ control \ print \ printers \
    Unfortunately When I open every used printer the Printers and Faxes, as on "File - Server Properties - Drivers' goes, you can see the entire installed printer driver. And it is precisely the list I want to read from the registry. Do you know where in the registry, the printer driver?

Re: Where all installed printer drivers are in the registry

I do not know that why you need this but I have one solution regarding this issue. Actually whatever speed or other advantage is there in your system. In this sentence I mean that whatever the software you have which boost your PC you just remove all of them if you are not able to use the printer driver. And you just load then if you required it. So do it fast and what result you have gotten after trying this just reply me back over here.

I want to exclude all unnecessary sources of error and also ensure that all terminal servers on the same page. And related to this I think that I will now have to do, they're only about 50 terminal server. And also the solution which you have given over here I have tried that many days ago. But unable to get fix. So any other solution if you have then share it. And please try to do this as soon as it is possible for you guys.

Actually if you search on to the net then you will get lots of scripts which will help you in order to fix your issue. Those script works with the Win32_Printer class and can also read about some of the drivers - but unfortunately not all the installed drivers. please remember that if after trying this you get solution for your query so just update over here. And also if you get any solution which is better than this post it over here so that others also can take the advantage of this.