Thread: Problem removing Openoffice.org from the Linux Mint

Problem removing Openoffice.org from the Linux Mint

Hello friends, I am working with the Linux Mint 10 with the 64 bit. Within that I have installed Libreoffice moreover I want to eliminate Openoffice.org. Usually an easy process by means of Synaptic, nevertheless in Synaptic, Openoffice.org is scheduled as not being installed, therefore I cannot uninstall it. Openoffice is installed and works between it. I have also tried using the dpkg clean openoffice* and all that. and dpkg unable to locate it, declaring that it's not yet been installed, as a result it appears to be equally there and not there at the similar time. Is there is any kind of the plans on how to eliminate Openoffice.org. thanks in advance

Re: Problem removing Openoffice.org from the Linux Mint

My first thinking is that at first right click onto the menu entries intended for Open Office and then click the Uninstall button. It feels like that Libre Office might have uninstalled the majority of Open Office as well as left the menu entries. Although the whole application is still installed, by means of Uninstall through the list of options will eliminate the majority of the files connected with that exacting list of options entry.

I predestined the Open Office entries in the Mint set of choices. If you contain Linux Mint 10, there is an alternative to uninstall straightforwardly through the Mint Menu. Presently right click on the item plus choose uninstall. If the package is disappeared however the menu entry is still present, this ought to eliminate it. You may also require to run "sudo apt-get clean" as well as "sudo apt-get remove". The initially clears the package cache wherever copies of the entire installed programs are reserved, and the next cleans out several orphaned files missing after a program is uninstalled.

Thanks for the recommendation, but uninstall is not an accessible alternative in Synaptic as it believes Openoffice has not been set up consequently the uninstall alternative is grayed out. On the whole the similar circumstances with dpkg also. My friend also not has any kind of the option within the Mint menu to uninstall Open office. My friends using Linux Mint 10 with the 64 bit, he removed it by means of the apt-get remove openoffice* command. Thanks again