Thread: How to boot into Safe Mode on Linux Mint?

How to boot into Safe Mode on Linux Mint?

I've been using Windows forever already, and now wanted chip.de article first on my rather old Dell Inspiron 8200 Notebook Linux Mint in addition to the Windows XP Home Edition install due. I have downloaded LinuxMint-8.iso file with Nero 8 Essentials CD Burning Room burned on and with CD-ROM which in Nero is the same as specified first anyway. Whether I have taken to complete multi-session or multi-session No, I do not know anymore. Does that play a role in a boot CD with a 6 years old notebook? In any case, the burning process successfully according to Nero. After this DELL Laptop still in the BIOS boot order to CD first converted. But nothing works I want to know how to boot into Safe Mode on Linux Mint.

Re: How to boot into Safe Mode on Linux Mint?

I think for this you need to create a Linux Mint 8 using USB Flash Drive Creator and then download The LinuxMint-8 and Proceed to Download the ISO from the net and then Burn the ISO to a CD. Restart your computer, booting LinuxMint from the 8 CD. Once you’re up and running, insert your USB flash drive now open a Terminal and type or copy and paste commands THE FOLLOWING:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install usb-creator
    sudo gtk-usb-creator
    Select the Disk to use Select the Options Stored in reserved extra space and adjust the slider to set The How Much space to use for persistence click Make Startup Disk. A progress bar will appear the informal & informal Percentage Completed. Remove The CD, restart your computer and set your BIOS to boot from the USB device and reboot again.

As you want to boot the system in safe mode but you are not able to boot so I would like tell you some points so that you might get the point why you are getting this error. It has been a problem. Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. If you see this error message for the first time, you should reboot the computer. If this message persists, you must follow the following steps:
    • Ensure that sufficient hard disk space is available. Disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for an update if a driver is specified in the message.
    • Contact your hardware vendor for BIOS updates.
    • Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing.
    • Restart the computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Advanced Startup Options, if you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components.

I think you need to do an USB boot and then only you will be able to get the solution for this you need to follow the steps:
    • First thing you need to do is just download the ubantu desktop edition.
    • After this Burn your CD or USB drive to create
    • Now you can try out Ubuntu Before you install it. When you’re CD or USB stick is ready, you can run from your Ubuntu CD or USB without affecting your current system.
    • When the CD is ready, simply put it in your CD drive, restart your computer and follow the instructions' That Appear on your screen.

I don't understand how this would get you in Safe Mode in Linux Mint, can you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by wlgoode View Post
    I don't understand how this would get you in Safe Mode in Linux Mint, can you elaborate?
    I think that when you start booting up your system, and you get the grub screen then you need to press Escape key to select the boot options. After that you can select the Safe Graphics Mode and there might be also an F4 option.

I followed the recommendations for Ubuntu (couldn't find one for LinuxMint). In recovery mode I selected "Network" after a few seconds it came to another screen where I expected to find a Safe Mode option. There is no Safe Mode Option in Mint that I have found. Still need help if anyone can help.

Cant find a Safe Mode option in Linux Mint.

Hi wlgoode,

To start linux in safe mode, hold down left Shift key when the computer boots. Incase holding the Shift Key doesnt display the menu then you can press Escape key continuously to display the GRUB 2 menu. After that you can choose the recovery option that is shown in the image below:

Linux Recovery mode