Thread: Display issue in Linux Mint

Display issue in Linux Mint

I have a recurring problem at startup Mint9. The display windows is jerky, the animation when moving not a part of my screen is gray. Sudo apt-get update appears to resolve the problem after closing and reopening the session graph. But from one day to another, I am forced to restart each performing the experiment. The changes do not seem to be taken into account and I do not know what it could be caused. If someone has a small track, thank you in advance. Apart from that, Mint 9 is a treat. If you have solution for these kinds of problems then please let me know about that.

Re: Display issue in Linux Mint

When you start in live cd everything works normally apart the DECELERATION in live mode? What is your stuff? Graphics card memory. Did you do an automatic or manual partitioning? This is a migration from a linux to another or a fresh installation from scratch? Did you installed from a CD or a USB key? Though it has not done a memtest, you should consider relocation, this is not normal that updated either reset on every boot research the problem you will probably take longer than an elevator, unless you want to improve your knowledge of the functioning of mint.

First of all thank you for the quick response. I used mint mint 7 and 8 before so even before the live cd (cd as its name suggests) I stay just long enough to start the install, but a priori, RAS. I reused by formatting my partitions (swap and ext4) so manual install and clean. Level stuff: amd64 NVIDIA GeForce 6200 TurboCache, 1GB of RAM. After memtest, no errors detected. I will do maybe consider a new install when I have time, but I admit that it does not enchant me more than that.

I see no explanation to your problem starting from a USB key, there would have been a facility that remains in "live mode" by accident, you have done a migration in maintaining the old user folder, it could be a problem of law on the issue, you had an ATI or exotic, it could be a track but it's not the case if your disc is clean memory clean graphics card then I would own how to find the fault in the current installation however I am not expert in linux, people can be seated more tracks to propose. Maybe you can try a "sudo apt dist-upgrade" in a terminal to install the kernel upstream but if there are no upstream nuclei that will do nothing.

On your advice and since I'm not a die-hard, I made a new install. I come to the interesting point, it is that I use cairo-dock but instead of installing from the repositories (because it had not been successful on previous occasions), I do not need the tutorial to install it by compiling the kernel. By cons, given that Mint 9 is based on Ubuntu I chose Lucid packets as those for lucid lynx. Can there be an incompatibility problem? Apart from that, I see no other possible reason for the instability of my system (I do not play, I'm going on the internet, send emails, short of that basic, no program installed dubious - except win $ dual boot

For your information, another part of the problem solved, ordinary forgetfulness permissions after a restore from backup then a small mint (as root). Chown [user]-R / home / user / .config / cairo-dock / Now if I still have kick age of my session I dig deeper but for now it is all. Still, when I close my session, the changes appear (at least in part) not be taken into account during reboot. I hope that this will solve the problem that you are facing and you have understood what I am trying to convey. If there is any other issue then do let me know about that.