Thread: Unable to work with Wifi on Full installation but working with USB in linux

Unable to work with Wifi on Full installation but working with USB in linux

I have a mint 10 operating system and I run it via. Usb and not with the full installation. The reason is that because my wifi does not run properly in the full installation of the mint 10. The same is the case when I had the ubuntu 10 operating system in my laptop. I could not run the wifi there also. I can see all the available networks in the list but cannot connect to it. So why is this happening? Can you suggest me some methods with which I can work on it accordingly. Actually I don’t have any problem with the working of the usb but still it would be better if I had a full installation In my laptop. So any ideas then please do share it with me.

Re: Unable to work with Wifi on Full installation but working with USB in linux

If you ask me I would advice you to check with the network manager. Check whether there is a prolonged drop f the network In the wifi spot that you are using. It may be a possibility that your network manager has disconnected from that particular service and is not attempting to connect it again. So this might help you. Do have a check with the network manager and do get back to me what it is showing exactly.

Well yes that might be the case because everytime it is asking for a password when I am trying to establish a connection with the particular network. Well even after the several attempts of supplying the password it still fails to connect. So what can be the problem here? It seems that you must have got the source of the problem what I am trying to explain. So it would be better if you could have suggested some solutions as well for the particular problem. Do reply as early as possible.

Well let me tell you that it is a type of a bug popularly known as network bug. Which is the common source of problems for the network failures in the wifi connection. So what you can do is remove the network manager totally and replace it with another utility named wicd. It can be used as a network utility and it is used to manage lan and the wifi connections. So do get a wicd connection done and you will get the desired result.

Hey thanks a lot for the suggestion that you have given. Well let me tell you honestly I don’t have much knowledge regarding this network manager and its installation. I can only the defect In the network and accordingly do some changes In the hardware but this installation of a network utility is a very difficult procedure it seems. So it would be better if you could have given me brief information on the installation of the particular wicd utility. So I hope you will give me the necessary solution so that I can work on it accordingly.

Well yes I can definitely provide you with the necessary suggestions. What you have to do is try and follow the below given steps
    1) First download the particular package and then during the installation go to the terminal and type the command sudo apt-get install wicd
    2) Do all the necessary requirement of entering the password and go ahead with the procedure.
    3) After that a package configuration wizard will start running in the terminal. Keep pressing the space key such that your name and other usernames will get added to the laptop battery netdev group. Such users will be able to run the wicd client.
    4) After that enter the following command in the terminal sudo apt-get remove network-manager then enter the password and proceed ahead.
    5) On doing that you are almost done. Then reboot the system and check for the black ‘wicd’ network icon and double click on it to open the wicd network manager.
    So do carry on with the above steps this will definitely help you.