Thread: Firefox and Wine not working on Linux Mint 10

Firefox and Wine not working on Linux Mint 10

After using Ubuntu for many months on my machine I have finally installed the Linux Mint 10 operating system on the same machine. I guess Mozilla Firefox does not works on this OS as it just shows lines and with Wine 1.2, MS Word 2007 does not opens. I have tried several other distro but never faced any such issues. I am thinking about returning back to the Ubuntu now if there is no way for making these programs working on Mint.

Re: Firefox and Wine not working on Linux Mint 10

I suggest you to reinstall the program and then check that it works properly or not. Actually you must use the latest version of the softwares on the latest version of operating system. As new operating system expects it from the softwares to have latest support. You should try reinstalling both the Wine as well as Firefox on your machine. If there would be any further problems for using the same then let us know. Specially don't forget to mention errors if you get any.

I think this kind of problem might be persisting due to the default mint menu that you might be using for starting this programs on your machine. I suggest you to add them into the main menu of the gnome which seems to be solving this problem. But make sure that you keep on tracking the errors that you get when you try to run this program.

I am new to Linux Mint, I downloaded it just two days ago . I'm still in the throes of discovery. Yesterday, I updated Firefox, ie version 3.6 (3.6.2-hg20100130...by synaptic package manager) and since then nothing and the program will not start. I had to install Opera to write you these few lines ... I tried to return to the old version but I can not find (neither in the package manager or the manager software). That is, if someone could tell me what I missed in the installation of the new version or how to return to the previous version (3.5.7 I think), it would be great.

Can you copy the messages you get when you start Firefox from the console? I mean when you type in terminal firefox and then hit the Enter key. Also try to delete your / home directory of your profile, sometimes that is enough. This is a hidden file, so you should allow them to display in the file manager to see it. Of course you will have to reconfigure everything. Remember to backup your bookmarks and other extensions ...

I was talking only of the folder containing your personal profile that should be in / home/votre_identifiant/.mozilla/firefox/....default that you must have all the permissions, which is a folder / file hidden (like everything begins with a dot) Especially do not try to delete your / home entirely!

If you keep the same profile, if you do not delete the folder for it in your / home, I fear that you always get the same issue even uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Now, maybe the problem comes from elsewhere but we should eliminate this possibility. Sometimes after such and such a profile does not work properly, it would not be the first time

Hey,Chitrakala i was also faced same problem but i get solution .now i'm telling you that solution.go to
    menu-->search-->type'wine'-->uninstall wine software-->install-->browse to .exe file

install it.....
    it perfect work..........