Thread: How to restore the deleted monitor from device manager

How to restore the deleted monitor from device manager

I am using windows 7 in my newly assembled PC in which I have Intel i3, gigabyte hard disk, 4 GB ram. At the same time as troubleshooting a graphics card subject within the Device manager, I accidentally delete the Plug and Play Monitor and the logo is gone as well. How can I get and reinstall the Plug and Play Monitor, and its logo reverse into the Device Manager? Have tried repair with no assist. Windows is using the defaulting Monitor at this occasion. Resume Windows as well as replugging the Monitor was no assist.

Re: How to restore the deleted monitor from device manager

I would like to tell you to check the setup of your computer that enabled you to detect Plug and Play devices. Plug and Play is available if I remember correctly from Win98 WinMe highest since the advent of USB, 2000, talk about; I mean your monitor should detect it without problems. Also check out the connection of the monitor with the system I think there may be some fault as a result you are getting the error. I hope I might be able to help you some extent.

I think this might be helpful to you to solve the issue which you are getting from the device manager. Normally you have to have a CD that came with your monitor contains a file .inf file that contains the characteristics of your monitor. If you do not have this CD, looking at the site builder for your monitor (with reference) if you find this file. SO try using the CD which I am talking about.

I think you have the wrong concept. The monitors are all plug and play for at least a few years ago. What makes the windows is to install a standard driver for a monitor function which is usually 800x600 resolutions 1024 * 768-1280x1024. I recommend you not install the monitor drivers usually make the computer unstable, cannot tell you why. But I spent a couple of times. Remember what that means plug and play. Connect and recognize, if you do not recognize the monitor does not see anything in it. (It is possible that the system does not display the mark and only standard monitor 1280x1024 60 Hz. But do not worry about it. It means using the windows driver.

This is a known trouble in Microsoft Windows. When no folders Inbox INF here toward monitor for the setting up of video drivers, the monitors are account to include a problem by means of Device Manager Code 28. This problem occurs because the engine installs a null driver for monitors when there is an INF file. Ideally, the installer must use the ID of compatible monitors and install them correctly. To avoid this problem in Microsoft Window update the monitor driver from the Properties page in Device Manager.

The troubles take place when you set up the video drivers on a structure that include an INF folder Inbox for monitors connected to it. The expected behavior is the Plug and Play Manager to collect the ID compatible * PNP09FF, which corresponds to "Plug and Play Monitor" from the Monitor.inf file and then install the monitor correctly without reporting a problem. This behavior is irrelevant video driver to report a good extended identification data (EDID) or by using the incorrect EDID HwVidGetVideoChildDescriptor that implements for secondary devices. This is considered a warning message box with code 28 in Device Manager with one of the indicators of capacity to monitor device set to CM_PROB_FAILED_INSTALLED. The record illustrate that SetupAPI Plug and Play Manager has set up a "null driver" for this exacting device.