Thread: How can I delete deleted User Account from Parental Controls

How can I delete deleted User Account from Parental Controls

I have just made the migration of my accounts from the older computer to the new one. No issue with the shifting. It went smooth. Now after I made the transfer I was able to see the older accounts of mine in the newer system. So in order to remove the older account I just went in the Control Panel and then went in the USER ACCOUNTS and deleted the older accounts from there. I was happy to see that this happened successfully. Now recently when I was seeing the Parental Controls on my system I have noticed that the older account still exists here. Please let me know how I can permanently remove this user account from here. It has not caused me trouble yet but I really do not want it here. Please let me know the way.

Re: How can I delete deleted User Account from Parental Controls

Well you can try to go with the following steps here. Follow them and let me know if you will at all be able to have this working in your case there. You can try to remove the user local profile. Click on the Start icon and then in the search box type regedit. You will get a pass to the REGISTRY there you will be required to search for this key there: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList. Once you will find the above key then you will be required to see in the right pane there for ProfileImagePath. From here delete the older account as well as the registry key there. I am sure that after completeion of this step you will not have any issue with the older account there.

Really it seems to me that you are getting this there in the Parental Control since you might have tried to keep hold of some of the file while removing the user account. You can do one thing for sure and please do it. Try to go in the Control Panel and try to delete it again there. I am pretty fine that this will really help you in getting out of the issue that you are getting here. Hope that you will be able to get this thing working in your case here.

I think that while deleting the account you must have chosen to keep the files here. Here is the thing that you can do open User Accounts by clicking the Start icon on the screen. Click on the Control Panel and then choose User Accounts and Family Safety there. After that choose User Accounts and then select Manage another account. On the account that you want to delete make a click on that and then Delete the account. Then again make the decision there and decide if you want to keep the backup there. Finally click on the Delete Account option there and see if you get rid of the things there.

In my opinion you will be required to execute a command and that also being an Administrator. You will be required to click on the Start icon and then in the search box you will have to type CMD; please after typing CMD please do not press the Enter key alone press Ctrl + Shift + Enter. An User Account Control dialog box will open but along with that it will release a Command Prompt in Administrator mode. Now in that Command Prompt type: net user u_name, where u_name is the name of the user profile that is causing the issue here. After this you will have to run another command: net user u_name/ delete. After following this for sure you will be able to see the USER profile getting diminished from that place for sure.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions. Really the last post here really helped me and let me tell you that I was able to get rid of the issue after following the last post. After following all the other instructions I was able to get rid of the User Account but after making the reboot I was able to see that again in the parental Control there. Thanks for making the things in the simple manner here. Yes I had retains some of the files from that account.