Thread: User Account Control grayed out in Windows 7

User Account Control grayed out in Windows 7

I was having some of the issue with the Login screen and hence I made use of the netplwiz.exe so that I can get out of this there. Well that was the only thing there and I have recently seen that I just cannot get out of the issue anymore. Well can you all suggest me some of the ways by which I can be out of this here? After getting successfully logged in I have seen that on every confirmation prompt it says that I need to have administrator privileges. Also after that in the confirmation BOX I have seen that the YES option is also grayed out there. I have seen that the option can only allow me to go with the NO option here. Has anyone else suffered this before yet on Windows 7? Well this is the first time I have seen in my case.

Re: User Account Control grayed out in Windows 7

Well looking at the case above it seems to me that you must have installed something really weird here and hence you are getting the issue. Please if that is the case then let me tell you that it will be really great if you can just uninstall all the things that you have lately installed and see if this solves the issue there. To name some of the updates if you want you can try to uninstall the updates that you have made for your Antivirus and other vital components. Also if you have installed something in respect of the DRIVERS then you can get rid of that as well.

I would like you to make a System Restore and see if you have made the RESTORE POINT in your case there. It will be really appreciated here. I am even of the same opinion here and hence would suggest you to go with the things here. Sometimes it may happen that some of the updates may corrupt the current stable status of Windows and hence in that case it will be really nice if you can have the System Restore option ready with you here.

I am of the opinion that the account in which you are working at the moment is really corrupted and hence if you want to get rid of the issue then let me suggest you to just delete this account and then go to the User Account in the Control Panel and then make the new user account and see if that really help in your case there. Please take all the data from that account and then proceed with the things here. Hope that this will really help you in your case.

I would suggest you to scan the Whole System of yours with some updated Antivirus and see if that can come as a REMEDY in your case here. Please run a through scan on your system and see if that can really help you in your case there. On an EXTRA suggestion if you want you can try to RUN the Computer Scan in the Safe Mode as well. If this is the thing because of some malicious program then let me tell you that the chances of catching the virus is more in the Safe Mode. Well try this and let me know if you were able to get rid of the things here.

I do not think that you will be able to over come the issue with just scanning the computer with the Antivirus. I am really of the opinion that you will be required to use the System Restore option here and if you have the restore point made in your case here. Well if you do not have the RESTORE point then let me tell you that it will be simply great if you can go with installing the Windows 7 again in your case. Please make this the last option and go with this if at all the other options are not working in your case there. Will let you know if there is a way by which you can get out of this issue by making some amendments in the REGISTRY there.