Thread: How can we allow a non-administrative user to update applications?

How can we allow a non-administrative user to update applications?

I have a number of computers that are running Windows 7 Pro. Along with this I have number of users who can access the Computer with the standard user accounts. Now I have made the settings such that they cannot have the administrative privileges. Now the issue here is that I have seen that the users get the notification for updating the software running there on the system but I know they cannot. They will be required to have the Administrative privileges there. Well I do not want to give them this but want them to install the updates. So please let me know a way for this here.

Re: How can we allow a non-administrative user to update applications?

Yes in order to install the things you will have to have the Administrative privileges and if at all you are not having this here then let me tell you that you will not be able to get the updates to be installed. The thing is that this thing is done so that the non admin user does not install something unusual so that may breach the security there. So really there is not another way by which you can have this working. In case of the Windows 7 the security is also much much higher.

One thing that I think that is bothering you is the automatic update and if that is the case then let me tell you that it will be great if you can simply turn off the Automatic Updates there so that the pop ups do not disturb the non admin users working on various computers here. Well that is not the solution but if it is harassing you then it is really better if you can simply turn that thing OFF there. Will let you know about the same soon if found anything in this respect.

I am also having the issue here and I have seen that it come with the Java and the Acrobat Reader there. Any help in the matter will be really appreciated here. I just do not know why do I get pop up here. Also I had tried closing the updates for the applications. IS there a way for this here really. Please help me out guys; any help in the matter will be really appreciated here. Any help in the matter will be really appreciated here.

Well if that is the case then let me tell you that it will be simply great if you can add all the users to the POWER USER GROUP and see if that can allow your non administrative users to install the applications there. Also if possible append some of the privileges and see if that can really help you with the scenario here. Give this a try there and let me know if what I have mentioned is really making business in your case there.