Thread: Default User not logging in automatically in windows 7

Default User not logging in automatically in windows 7

I am running Windows 7 Home Edition and while I get to the Welcome Screen, it makes me physically click on my user account symbol, as if there are further user accounts to select from, but there are not earlier it will allow me enter in my password and log on even though I just have single user account on this PC. This trouble in progress later than I installed Microsoft Office 2007 Home/Student Edition on the PC. Earlier than I setup MS Office, the Windows 7 Welcome Screen would mechanically permit me enter in my password while I turned on my PC, in its place of requiring me to select my user account physically and after that enter in my password. The way it is setup now, adds about 20 seconds to my boot time.

Re: Default User not logging in automatically in windows 7

I as well have the similar issue and I just want to ask you that, How do I make it so my Welcome Screen will previously have my user account chosen and just waiting for me to enter my password like it should be? I have not at all seen it where the Welcome Screen begins as just a user symbol picture and nowhere to enter in your password until you click the image. All the Welcome Screens I have observed begin with a place to enter your password that is how my PC was setup later than I reformatted, but earlier than I setup MS Office 2007. I am functioning Windows 7 Home Edition, so I don’t have Group Policy Editor.

Here you require facilitating the Auto login on your PC and checking if the problem gets fixed, to perform that please follow these following steps:

1. Push the Windows + R key to open the “Run” dialog box.
    2. Enter in control userpasswords2
    3. Push Enter. The User Accounts window will show.
    4. Uncheck the alternative “Users have to type a username and password to utilize this PC”
    5. Click “OK”
    6. You will after that be provoked to type the present password and verify it.
    7. Later than doing so, you will no longer be provoked to type your password upon login.

Attempt performing a system restore to relapse back to the properly functioning settings, to do that pursue the following instructions:
    1. Click on Start, enter system restore in the Start Search box, and after that click System Restore in the Programs record. If you are provoked for an administrator password or verification, enter your password or click Continue.
    2. In the System Restore dialog box, click select a different restore point, and after that click on Next.
    3. In the record of restore points, click a restore point which was shaped earlier you started to experience the problem, and after that click Next.
    4. Click Finish.

I have this similar trouble apart from that I just purchased a novel laptop with windows 7 on it and that is the PC I am not capable to avoid the click primary thing. On my laptop, I have to click my user account image earlier than I can enter in my password. I wish to make my laptop like the desktop in that stare. I don't wish to click my account image in any way, but I still wish to enter in the password, doing as you recommended, windows will log on directly to the desktop and miss the welcome screen all together that leaves my PC not at all password defended. Both PCs I just have one user account. Does anybody know how to obtain it so I do not have to click the image but still have to enter in the password?