Thread: Windows 7 Error: you must have administrator privileges to install drivers

Windows 7 Error: you must have administrator privileges to install drivers

I am running Windows 7 on the system; fine no issue at all with this. The issue is when I try to install the drivers here. The scene is that I am trying to install drivers for TASCAM US-122MKII. Now the thing is that I cannot install the drivers either by disk or by downloading the drivers installed from the official site of Tascam site. The thing is that when I attempt for this I see a pop up saying that I should have administrator privileges so that I can have the installation in the successful manner. I was not having the issue while installing the drivers of the PRINTERS and other peripherals. Please let me know what can be the reason for this issue here. Any assistance in the matter will be really appreciated here. Please come with the solution soon.

Re: Windows 7 Error: you must have administrator privileges to install drivers

Well there must have been some issue with the installation and hence it will be great if you can simply try to download the drivers again on your system and see if while going for the installation you do not get the issue there. While you were downloading the file it may have happen that some of the files must have got lost and hence you might be getting the issue here. Download it and then install it again and see if you can have this running without asking for Administrative Privileges.

Go in the Safe Mode and then try to install the drivers there. Please see for this step. Restart the system and then press the F8 key there. After that get in the Safe Mode by making the selection using the Arrow Keys. After making the selection press the Enter key. Once in this mode go for installing the drivers there. In the safe mode the drivers must start to get install. Please make sure that you go with the Administrator account and then proceed with the installation there.

In my opinion it seems that there is some compatibility issue within Windows 7 and the Drivers of Tascam. Well if that is not the case then see if you can simply RUN the drivers in the Administrator Mode. For this let me tell you that you need to go to the setup folder that contains the .exe file. After that right- click on the .exe file and go to the Properties. Under the properties tab you will be required to run this setup file in the Administrator mode; under the privilege level. Give this a try and let me know if this was at all successful there. I am emphasizing on this step; so that the issues related to the compatibility can be resolved here. Try this and please let me know if what I was saying is really true.

Do one thing go and download the drivers again for the TASCAM US-122MKII and give this another hit. Well let me tell you that if you are having the issue yet then you will be required to take the owner ship of the file. For that you will be required to search for the folder and then you will have to Right Click on that folder. After making the right click go in the PROPERTIES tab and then select the Security Tab there. Select Advance and finally select the Owner tab in Advance Security Settings. In this select the Edit Button and then choose the USER from the list. Finally Click on the OK and save the changes there. After this go for the installation and see if you can get away with the issue. I am pretty sure that after changing the Owner name you will have no issue with the installation. Hope the same thing to happen; please let me know about this.

Just follow the instructions below and see if that can really help you there. It seems that you are running the things with the Standard User Token as you have mentioned that you are having Windows 7 there. The things is that when you Right Click on the item and then make a Left Click on Run as administrator then you will see a prompt popping up from UAC; all you have to do is Click on the YES option. After doing this you will get access to the Administrators Token and then I am sure that all the issue related to the installation of the drivers here will be solved.

I'm trying to get access to the Administrators token, but i don't now wich item you mean where i have to right click on. please help me