Thread: Cannot Unshare Files without Windows 7

Cannot Unshare Files without Windows 7

I Cannot Unshare Files without Windows 7. I have two PCs, one functioning windows XP and one functioning Windows 7. The trouble is that I can observe every of my individual files from Network Places on windows XP. The just means I can immobilize this is if I exit every File and Printer Sharing. Is there a method to only share single folder to the network in Windows 7? I mean, devoid of moving it to the public folder. As well how do I unshare my individual files? Anyone have any idea regarding this? Please help!!!

Re: Cannot Unshare Files without Windows 7

Let's have a look at every of your shares and eliminate the ones you don't wish:
    1. Click on Start, right click on the Computer and select Manage
    2. This will unlock the Computer Management window. On the left windowpane locate System Tools and after that below that Shared Folders
    3. Choose Shares. This will inhabit a list of every of the shares on the right. Discover the share you are annoying to eliminate, right click it and select Stop Sharing
    4. Say yes to the pop-up and the share will vanish!

To stop precise files or folders from being shared:
    1. Click on the Start button, and after that click on your user name.
    2. Find the way to the file or folder you wish to prohibit from sharing, and after that choose it.
    3. Do one of the below:
      • To stop the file from being joint with anybody, in the toolbar, click on Share with, and after that click on Nobody.
      • To share the file or folder with few people but not everyone, in the toolbar, click on Share with, click Specific people, choose every person you wish to share with, and after that click on Add. Click on Share while you are completed.
      • To adjust the point of access to a file, in the toolbar, click Share with, and after that choose also Homegroup (Read) or Homegroup (Read/Write).

I attempted performing this but am still able to observe every my files from my further PC.
    Here is what I am performing on my windows XP System:
    1. walk off to Network Places
    2. I click on the "Users on < name>" folder
    3. I observe a Default, a Public and < Username> Folder
    4. while I click on Username Folder it poses for my login password.
    5. If I type it, I can access every of my individual files.

How can I stop this feature, when still keeping ability to just split one or two folders, with no placing them in a divide Public folder?

I had the similar trouble. I was annoying to share My Music on the network, but although I just chosen that one folder to share, it was allocation my whole Users folder. Maddening, But I lastly fixed it.
    1. Click on Start , right click on Computer and select Manage
    2. This will unlock the Computer Management window. On the left windowpane, discover System Tools and after that below that Shared Folders
    3. Choose Shares. This will inhabit a catalog of every share on the right. Search the share you are annoying to eliminate, right click it and select Stop Sharing
    4. After that click on Action in the menu and select New Share. That should open the Create a Shared Folder Wizard.
    5. Utilize the wizard to choose the path of the folder you wish to share.
    Hope that assists.