Thread: Windows 7: Multiple Internet Connections (NLB )

Windows 7: Multiple Internet Connections (NLB )

Just looking for any and every information anybody has concerning this feature which has been added to Windows 7, long-ago just plug it in and it workings. I came across it unintentionally, by just plugging another cable modem into my motherboard. Windows mechanically started utilizing both simultaneously, for twice throughput. I cannot understand why it is no longer functioning, and I cannot discover even a piece of documentation trade with it. There are Microsoft assist pages to do with Windows server, and they state 7 in one, but no detail regarding the load balancing, utilizing two connections to enlarge throughput.

Re: Windows 7: Multiple Internet Connections (NLB )

1. What occurs while you attempt to connect with both the connections? Do you receive any error note?
    2. Have you prepared any modification to your PC newly, for instance novel hardware or software installed, or updates applied?
    3. Which version of OS is setup on the PC?

Please let me know the over information to give you improved help. Let’s attempt these steps as workaround and ensure the status of this problem. I would recommend you to boot the PC in safe mode with networking and ensure if the problem continues, please let me know the grade of this problem. Starts Windows in safe mode and embraces the network drivers and services wanted to access the Internet or additional PC on your network.

I just attempted safe mode, and it did not make dissimilarity, still effort separately, not together mechanically. I have in fact reinstalled windows, and on a clean install with just the download manager installed, it worked until I push restart. After that on boot it no extended worked. I attempted eliminating the windows updates which had been placed, but they prepared no dissimilarity.

The trouble is, there is no way to particularly attempt and utilize them both. There is no alternative or precise method to do it, as much as I know there does not appear to be any certification or symbol that Microsoft even places the feature in, apart from the truth that I and others have observed it effort. I cannot discover any authorized state of it, or documents on it. There are some on NLB for server 2008, which mention windows 7, but they are for helping files, not utilizing both for the internet at once. Utilizing Steam, while it worked originally, downloading a game would just work quicker, at a rated speed of 1.6 MB/s as opposite to the 1 MB/s for one connection or .6MB/s for the additional. Now while I attempt it will just utilize whatever adapter has a superior metric.

I have place a switch on both connections, so I can as a minimum decide which Internet connection is utilized for any exacting download. One time a download begins this method; I can reconnect the other Internet connection and utilize that for a second download, or now browsing. It is truly maddening, because there must be an easy software resolution. After all, ITunes will classically utilize both connections mechanically while downloading podcast updates and so on. I have as well observed that one of the two connections is utilized on the majority websites, apart from any which are protected. So it possibly that dissimilar ports trigger dissimilar connections. So, if anybody really does know what is occurrence and hopes to control it, some direction would be deeply respected.

So I have been trying to figure this out for almost a year and as far as I can tell there was an application handling service that would choose which connection to use (I forget the name of it, I read it in a tech net doc 6 months ago) and it would enable applications to use multiple internet connections. This was disabled in an update from Microsoft shortly after the RC expired so now the service only allows you to use one connection. I have Looked for some hack or reg change that would change it back to the way it was but I have had no luck, maybe you guys will.

I think that the fix to this issue is RandomAdapter registry key, which will enable Windows built in feature of randomly using multiple internet connections, check the below link:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...8WS.10%29.aspx

I think you also need to add ConnectOnRequestedInterfaceOnly registry key, check below:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...8WS.10%29.aspx