Thread: Latest computer of HP is not working

Latest computer of HP is not working

In my university they have purchased 6 HP computers with windows Vista Business downgraded to windows XP Pro. The computers have windows Vista key stickers but no windows XP stickers. So far I have open two of the computers. I identify that each one has the same Windows XP Pro key. On one computer I have restored an Acronis image from another computer. Then I modified the key back to the key that came with the computer. This computer will not activate. I am unable to do anything on the computer because it is not activated. So I cannot run genuine diagnostics to settle on why it does not validate.

Re: Latest computer of HP is not working

First, I suppose you mean Activate, it’s not Validate. Since Windows XP does not require Validation in order to function. Another thing is, you open up two computers then imaged one of them and cannot validate it. What regarding the computer you didn't Image. If it will not work straight out of the box, I suggest returning the computers to HP as faulty.

Here I have some ways to rectify this. First build a fresh image using the SLP installation on the latest HPs as a base. Obviously, this latest image will only be helpful on the new HP computers. Volume licensing installations of Windows XP miss out activation, which is why Microsoft only supports image operation with Volume Licensing media and SKUs.

I will suggest you to install the XP images you have completed on the latest HP machines as you have done with the initial machine. Then when you get to the point where you require activating the computer put the HP Windows XP CD in that came with the latest computers and restart into the Windows Installer. At that point miss out the initial repair option and go with the next, the automated repair alternative. This will permits you to keep all of your files and settings etc. While at the similar time reinstalling windows with the HP version of Windows XP that will automatically activate from the BIOS. Hope this will work for you.