Thread: Getting error while installing MCE TV tuner in windows 7

Getting error while installing MCE TV tuner in windows 7

I just installed Windows 7 RC and everything works fine on the software side. Its function very well but MCE worried me, I install a TV tuner (in fact I've tested both):
    1. Terratec Cinergy HT (PCI)
    2. AVerTV Hybrid Speedy (PCI-E)

I managed to install the drivers and related software, and I capture the carefree TNT from the respective interface. By cons when I go through the MCE, which I hope parameter tuner, the procedure that I started with:
    • Choose region
    • Choice postcode
    • Install software 1 (ok)
    • Install software 2 (nok)
    • Then download TV SETUP

This last phase block, the progress bar it does not move even after more than an hour. And after that displays and window which prompts me that “Unable to install, error in TV tuner.” Have you noticed this trouble? How to fix them? Is this version of Windows 7? Have you managed to install your tuner in MCE? If so which one you used? Reply soon.

Re: Getting error while installing MCE TV tuner in windows 7

I am also going through the same situation and in this I want to know that is it possible to access the IPTV by the MCE interface? I saw the video on the internet showing a submenu LiveTV in the TV module. Now on my version in the TV module I have that:
    1. Registration
    2. Install a tuner

Thank you for your help. And please help us as soon as it is possible for you guys.

I'll see if I find something but apparently nothing at the moment .The only available IPTV channels are CanalPlay Video and I think of it, however should not be difficult to add more. I will look for the above freebox mainly! I think you can close this post by validating one of the answers, and open another in terms of TV / IP to centralize free on different posts. So just try to do this and inform me here that after trying this you get solution for your query so just update over here. And also if you get any solution which is better than this post it over here so that others also can take the advantage of this.

In fact it is sufficient that your tuner (USB / PCI) is supported so that everything works fine. For my part:
    • Desktop (PCI): Hauppauge Win-TV-HVRxx running OK without concern
    • Laptop 1 (USB): Pinnacle 73rd 1107: works OK, no worries.
    • Laptop 2 (USB): Hauppauge Win TV Nova-T Stick: walking through its own interface but not in Media Center ...

So it is imperative tuner supported by Media Center this may change, from memory, but it is better to bet on stable drivers for most media center nothing worse than a freeze in the middle that.

Thank you for your help, as I indicated in my post, I tested two tuner that works in their own interface, but unfortunately not in MCE .Good but it is neither the pinnacle, and I think that this may explain that. And if it is not like that what version you are using windows 7? You say that it is possible to make it compatible with MCE tuner, how you doing? Please reply for this I am waiting for your reply.