Thread: Validation is getting failed with Windows setup

Validation is getting failed with Windows setup

I have shifted to another country and have brought over our laptop to connect up to our Wi-Fi livebox, but we are cannot do so as a message windows comes up and says Windows Validation Failure, you might have counterfeit windows. we had the laptop repaired before we gone from our country and I have Windows XP, there is a sticker with Product key no. on the top of the hardisk, but I am unable to connect to the Wi-Fi with the false windows therefore cannot repair the problem. Is there any other way from I can repair the problem from this laptop? I do not have the disk anymore. Any help really appreciated.

Re: Validation is getting failed with Windows setup

If you have Windows XP Home on the Certificate of Authenticity label, then that is the version of Windows that keys is fine for. If you presently have Windows XP Pro installed, then the windows XP Home key will unable to work. Most likely your computer originally included Windows XP Home preinstalled but at a few point Windows XP Pro was installed using a Blocked nongenuine product key.

I am unable to tell you why and how the Windows XP Pro came to be installed on that computer, but if you ever taken the computer to a Repair Shop, and then they maybe did it. It is likely they wanted to reinstall Windows XP but instead of using the appropriate key, they just downloaded a pirated Windows XP Pro from the internet, installed on the computer and called it fine. It may be because repair person don't have much knowledge or because they are just simple sluggish.

At this stage, to get back to using the correct Windows XP Home key, you require to install the Windows XP Home software. Windows Recovery software did include with the computer, so use that for reinstall. Though, if you do not have the Recovery Software, you may need to make contact with the Manufacturer for a substitution disk. To correctly analyze and resolve problems with Activation and Validation, you need to check a full copy of the report generated by the MGADiag tool.