Thread: Getting error when starting SQL service in Windows 7

Getting error when starting SQL service in Windows 7

At what time I attempt to run net start MS SQL I obtain an error message which states that: “System error 5 has occurred. Access is denied” The SQL service is running beneath "Network Service" account. The service starts well if I make use of the window services. Can someone assist me figure out why I am getting this error?What do I require to accomplish to be able to restart services by means of the command line?Thanks in advance.

Re: Getting error when starting SQL service in Windows 7

I had accurately the similar trouble I will recommend you to try below mentioned things:
    1. . net start MSSQLSERVER fails by means of "Access denied" as of from command window, however works at what time started by Service Control Manager.
    2. Try to log in as a user in Administrators group - similar account as make used for automatic startup.
    3. .Tyr setting up account UAC to the lowest probable level

The trouble is that your "administrator" user is not "administrator enough". Mostly, being in the Administrators group is not the similar as being THE Administrator account. Perform the below steps to resolve your problem.
    1. On your computer desktop create a dhort cut for "cmd.exe".
    2. Right click as well as choose "Run as Administrator"
    3. in command windows type: "net start MSSQLSERVER". Works

Are you making use of an elevated command prompt if UAC is enabled?On the way to elevate a command prompt type CMD into the start search box as well as press ctrl+shift+enter.If you desire on the way to elevate batch files, right click on them plus make use of Run As Administrator.The other alternative is disabling UAC.

No, I am not making use of an elevated command prompt, just use cmd. Did not believe that would be needed; did not yet think about UAC. I have in recent times moved from Windows 7 to windows XP. What is the suggested means for me to perform this? My objective is to be able on the way to start and stop SQL services from a command line.

I was shocked by the amount of anxious posts of people by means of alike troubles - and apparently only some workaround there. I have used Windows 3.1 and Windows NT, Windows Server 2003 as well as Windows XP a few years back and after that switched to Max OS X as well as Linux. At the moment I am stressed to get used to this type of Windows trouble once more, (sigh). Thanks for the answer. It worked for me.