Thread: Windows 7 pro: can't access some folder as Administrator

Windows 7 pro: can't access some folder as Administrator

Recently upgrade my Dell inspiron laptop from windows vista to windows 7 platform. I basically sue this machine for gaming purpose so that why I installed the windows 7 platform. Along with that other specifications of the machine are like, compatible with NVIDIA GEForce graphical interface and along with that 2GB RAM and 320 GB hard drive. The machine was working fine till the date but suddenly it encounters a problem with the windows version, as per my knowledge. Some of the software and other applications folders are not allowed me to access, whenever I try to access these one, it requires the administrative password, I enter the password but this one not opens. I tried by log in to the machine by the administrative password and user name. Same thing is also happens over there. What should I do now? Any suggestion on this issue will be appreciated greatly.

Re: Windows 7 pro: can't access some folder as Administrator

I thing by the system recovery this problem might be solved so for that start you machine and open the start menu, now go to the system tool under accessories from the menu list. Choose the system recovery option, along with that choose the desire date and time where you are willing to make the restore point. I had the similar issue in my HP Compaq laptop, after that i searched everywhere for the solution, but found nothing, then I consult with a technical person and he suggest me this process, and believe me by this I overcome from the problem. Now I can able to access any folder or program by the guest account and also by the administrative account. Remember that after recover your machine, you will not able to access the applications those you installed after the date which you select as the restore point.

Windows recovery option might be also help you, the problem that you mentioned in your post is indicating that that in your machine there should be some of the windows file is missing, so by the windows repair option the problem which you mentioned should be solved. One of my friends had the similar issue, and he did this process, and after that he simply overcomes from the problem. Now to repair the windows version that you are using in your machine insert the windows installation disk into CD ROM drive, and reboot the machine. It will open the windows installation window, from there select the windows repair option, this might be ask you for the administrative password if you are not log in with that.

If the matter about the software applications and the driver application folder then be sure that where you are using windows 7, so might be the software or the driver is not compatible with the windows version that you are suing, though this will not create any problem with the installation. In my machine I had the similar issue with the graphics and sound driver. They were not running also windows not allowed me to access the installation folder of the driver and some of the software application. Then after searching in almost maximum web sites, that some of this type of applications are not compatible with windows 7 version.So I suggest you to make sure that one, if the software or the driver that you are try to access are not compatible with your machine operating system version then download the desire version from the manufacture web site.