Thread: Cannot load operating system after enabling ACHI mode

Cannot load operating system after enabling ACHI mode

I have got a desktop computer, I have Windows 7 operating system in my system, I have got a core 2 duo of Intel , do not know about my motherboard, 2GB of RAM installed in it and had a 160 GB of hard disk in it , I had opted for a SSD drive it was all about my system specification . I have been using my system since a couple of months , up till now my system was working fine and was not giving any sort of issue but then a few days back I had enabled AHCI mode in my system , since then I am getting some kind of error message , it does not load the operating system , it just states that it is loading the operating system but does not actually load it, it is very annoying , I have been trying to sort it out but could not do it, so for that reason I a have posted my query in this forum, I am expecting that any one of you people will definitely come up and comment on this issue, I am waiting for the response. Thank you in advance.

Re: Cannot load operating system after enabling ACHI mode

Well I am not quite sure about your issue, but I still think the solid state drive you have installed in your system is the root cause of this issue, I do not think that you were facing the same issue when you were working with the hard disk drive or HDD you were working earlier to this , so I would ask you to tell me about your SSD you are using right now, and also I would like to know about your RAM and mother board as well , I think you should work with your old hard disk and then tell me if you get the same error , please post back in details about the asked question.

I am having an H55N-USB3mother board, along with that I have got a . Skill ECO DDR3-1600 RAM, and I think I have PowerColor HD 5670 Go Green monitor .Yes, I did those steps related with CMOS after first install and then again installed windows along with that I also removed all extra drives but kept SSD and DVD. Many of the people had came across this issue and had suggested me to reseat the RAM , So did I but it did not help . I was also using the Linux operating system prior to this and in that too I was facing the similar issue but could not solve it , wat else I can do to sort it out , please help.

The "loading operating system" display is ordinary but it It should not state for much longer time. Are you trying to convey me that you have altered setting to AHCI mode in the BIOS from IDE mode?This can be performed prior to the installation of the OS or through a registry hack later on . It can also lead to another issue with other drives on the that controller if they are not completely compatible . I would also ask you to clear up the CMOS before you install the new SSD.

I think I can say something about this issue , I think you would have made changes in the controllers as well , it was stated in one of the above post that the root cause of this issue is SSD , well I partially agree with it . If you had installed your operating system with the SATA and had set it to IDE or PATA , if you than attempted to change it to AHCI or RAID , then I do not think that it will load the windows, this is happening because of a reason , the Windows in fact disables the AHCI mode , you require to modify the registry settings in order to enable it enable it. In case you think that you are in some sort of difficulty then please do not hesitate to post your query back .