Thread: HP Touch smart Notebook: not able to install windows 7

HP Touch smart Notebook: not able to install windows 7

Using a HP Touch smart Notebook, windows vista is installed into the machine. The other specifications of this machine are like intel i5 processor along with Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD4 motherboard. I basically use this machine for internet access for both my home entertainment and for the official purpose. Now I am willing to install windows 7 platform in my machine, but not able to install that one in my machine. I can’t understand why this problem occurring. During the installation it shows two different message in my machine, one of them the machine is attacked by the virus and the other one the machine require installation disk, and directs me to chose the installation file either form the disk or from other places from the machine. I can’t understand what the actual problem is for that the problem is arriving. I hope some one from here will be able to solve this issue.

Re: HP Touch smart Notebook: not able to install windows 7

I think the problem should be for the virus affect in your machine for that you are facing this problem, also though the virus effect message is shown to your machine screen. For that start you r machine, if you are able to start your machine in windows vista platform. Open the antivirus program which is installed in your machine, make sure that you are using a update version of antivirus application. Scan your whole machine or scan one by one drive of your hard drive. I think if your machine seriously effected by any virus file then this should be detected after the scan process.

I think the cause of the problem might be anyone of the driver which is installed in your machine; support the windows vista platform is not compatible with the windows 7 platform. So first of all, if you have the driver installation disk with your machine, then first remove the drivers those are installed in your machine. Now try to install the windows 7, I suggest you to try to install from the bootable option. For this insert the windows installation disk and reboot your machine, now after the manufacture logo will appear in the screen, start pressing f8 from the keyboard, if now there is no problem after removing the drivers from your machine, the installation process will be starts. Click on install now option tab and follow the instructions to complete the process. During the process the machine should be restarts more than one time.

Have you disable the BIOS setting and the permission of the booting in your machine, make sure that from the device from where you are try to install the operation system, the device order should be enable in the BIOS setting windows. Suppose if you trying from the CD ROM drive, then restart your machine and start pressing DEL after manufacture logo will appear into the screen. It will appear the BIOS setting windows, from there look for the bootable order option. Now make sure that there the device from where you are willing to install windows 7 is enable, if you found disable then make it enable. I hope after this you will not got any problem regarding the installation.