Thread: Delay in Loading Operating system message with Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5

Delay in Loading Operating system message with Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5

I have recently upgraded my PC to a new motherboard from Gigabyte called as 890FXA-UD5. After upgrading to the new piece I am getting half or a full second delay while on "loading operating system" message. It wasn’t happening with my old motherboard. It is just started happening recently when I put the new motherboard in. The cursor is appears as blinking under the "loading operating system" message. After that only the Windows 7 starts to load. Do you think that this delay is normal and happens sometimes? If it is an issue then how could I avoid this? Please help me to solve this new motherboard issue.

Re: Delay in Loading Operating system message with Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5

I think that this is a normal behavior of the OS. There is nothing to do with the motherboard. Sometime the OS takes much time to get the information of the system like RAM, HDD and graphic memory. When there is a small delay in some components and drivers then you may get half to 1 second delay in prior message. For this you may need to get the latest drivers if possible. If you are getting more than 1-3 second delay then you might need to worry about that.

As far as I know if you are still using the older version of BIOS and hardware peripherals drivers then you may get several seconds delay when Loading OS message and even on start up. You should get the latest version of BIOS for your motherboard. Do not use older version of component drivers with new motherboard. If possible get the new one. Also check the BIOS configuration again. Change the Boot order and see how the delay varies. If you have selected the primary boot device as HDD then change it to CD/DVD ROM drive and vice versa. Also alter the secondary boot device. The order might reason this issue.

It seems to me that you haven’t configured motherboard in a proper manner. You need to reconfigure the motherboard again. Check that you have inserted PCI cards, RAM, power connectors, IDE connectors, FAN and processor in its place properly. Ensure that you have attached the right voltage power cord with correct number of pins to the motherboard. Run the Windows OS repair disk if necessary.

The only proper settings I am conscious of right now are on the similar sheet like 'Boot Order' - the "Advanced BIOS Features" menu. I that try to enable "Quick Boot" option and also try setting "Delay For HDD (Seconds)" to 0,1, 2 etc. I think that there might be a number of delays obligatory. Also, Disable the "Backup BIOS Image to HDD". You required also make some necessary changes to speed up your Windows Boot process.

I had the similar problem on a Gigabyte 890FXA-UD5 motherboard. The problem is that you almost certainly contain a primary precedence boot as CD-ROM. Beneath ACHI you require to choose the correct CDROM device, not the standard one. If not it immediately suspends trying to perceive it. Attempt several tip that does noise right there for eternity appears to be a tad of a problem by way of the AHCI controllers on the latest Gigabyte motherboards, well in point of fact each and every one HCI controllers are.