Thread: After starting windows 7 shows an error of fault block

After starting windows 7 shows an error of fault block

I have a system with 2 disks
    • Disk 0 with 3 partitions with the letters C, D and E. C I have a base XP. Windows 7 is the D
    • Disc 1 with 4 partitions G, H, I, J, my XP is on G. and a CDROM drive in F.

Starting Windows 7 Beta is very slow: 6 minutes before the password. I hear noises disk every 5 or 6 seconds. In the event log I find errors disk spaced 5 to 6 seconds for 6 minutes. With the following wording: device \ Device \ hardisk1 \ DR1 has a bad block. The slowness seems to come from there. I checked and found no disk errors. I do not see why my PC going through like this kind of issue. And once system gets started so it operates normally.

Re: After starting windows 7 shows an error of fault block

The problem was much of the disc. It was a Samsung drive. I used the self-diagnostic program supplied by Samsung DOS to test this music and I get error messages saying unequivocally that the disc is defective Ultimately nothing like the programs of manufacturers to test and verify a disc. I just replace it with a new drive and my Windows 7 starts smoothly and without delay. So if you want then you can go for like this.

There is one more solution related to this in it I think it comes from the disk 1 (4 G, H, I, J) with your XP everyday on G as you have stated. I suggest you at first, restart your system disk G (XP every day), then once the system to launch a new "Check Disk G" by clicking successively on
    1. Workstation
    2. Right click on drive G
    3. Click on "Properties" in the dialog box
    4. Click on "Tools" tab
    5. Click on "Error Checking" and click "Check Now"
    6. Check both boxes "Fix errors" and "Recover bad sectors"

As you are on the main system, Windows will mean that you must restart the system to perform this audit. Complied, and left to start the verification automatically. So start with the first step then to follow.

I followed your instructions. Finally, I get the way, for the reason that by starting on my drive G which is a partition C! The idea seemed interesting because I had problems on this disc (an unreadable sector). For good measure, I first checked on the 4 partitions. Result: everything is OK. Back to Windows 7. Always 6 minutes before the password and always a list of errors events over 6 minutes. So in order bto get rid from this issue I have decided that tomorrow I will unplug the disk 1 to see. Thank you for your help.

I am also going through this. And I unplugged my hard 1. I realized that I could do this easily by keeping OFFLINE in the BIOS. Windows 7 boot in 35 seconds until the password prompt message. And on time I have perfectly correct given my config is a bit particular 2 displays, one DVI one VGA and 2 Satellite TV reception cards and TNT cards, which are not supported but I have no pb in windows 7. The problem was so much because of the presence of second disc. I wonder what windows 7 will look into it. If I do the opposite Startup Disk 0 alone, I have no problem with my XP. Windows 7 is the problem though the presence of the second disc. 0 is the hard disk 120 gigabytes on decision SATA 0. Disc 1 is a 256 gigabyte drive on SATA 1. I may be trying to reverse the connections if it would be a hardware failure.

It is really weird I have 3 hard drive as follows: -
    1- 640-GO-Sata partitioned with Vista Home Premium, Personal Folders, Acronis Safe Zone
    2- 200-500-GO-Sata partitioned with Windows 7, Free, Personal Folders file backups, partition work (film editing characters)
    3- 250 GO_ p_id with XP Pro disk and archive storage DIFFERENT dead.

In all cases, Vista, win 7, XP start time in "normal". Try to make another start with your two disks but unplugging all the other devices (printer, scanner, USB keys etc.) just to see. If the problem persists, then follow the advice which is given above to change your disk 1, and especially if you have any personal data made a BACKUP immediate full on another disk or DVD or external drive.

I made a last attempt by unplugging all devices and I always start slow and win 7 give vents to disk error for 6 minutes. I'll follow the advice given and change discs. The disc My problem is a new disc bought 2 months ago I should be able to claim warranty. I will still do a final test re-formatting the disk completely and watching what happens. Of course I did a full backup before. Thank you all for your help.