Thread: No such files or directory found error in Grub2 partition

No such files or directory found error in Grub2 partition

I have got a desktop system, I am using triple boot in my system, I had installed Windows 7 , Windows xp first which were working as a double boot, but recently I made some changes and went for a triple boot in my system , then I had installed Linux mint operating system however I am encountering a strange sort of error , my technician says it is a chroot error , if went in details it says - "No such file or directory. Please help me to get rid off this issue.

Re: No such files or directory found error in Grub2 partition

Make sure if you have a bin directory where you unzipped knoppix.Some edition of knoppix (3.2 pre 30/03 I believe) had some necessary folders as symlinks or hard links that cp is not able to initiate if this is the scenario you have to generate the symlinks without another option (test for errors in cp advancement) I think the genuine locations are in /mnt/test or something similar to that sort . or you can utilize a latest version of knoppix where those directories are real rather than links.

Well I reckon there is no sudo in Slax. I a wondering what can be your operating system The error usually comes when there is a improper install of operating system or when some major module is fault. For example, it is possible that your 01 core is damaged or maybe your operating system is directing towards incorrect place, but still I am not sure about this .

Well as you had mentioned that you are having a triple boot system , it is also possible that your system is not supporting it, you have not mentioned about the system specification and the type of processor is being installed in your system , well if you ask my opinion you should uninstall the Linux Mint operating system and work on either the Window xp or Windows 7 operating systems.